Baby Weavers Shuffle car seat?

Siuan

Reaction score
Anyone got one of these?

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...0751_-1_14569_147961_10001_14568#ReviewHeader

Looking to replace my LO's Maxi Cosi Pebble seat. Have been looking at the Britax First Class Plus as recommended on here and other places.

I would like something that can be Rear Facing for a little longer before going Forward Facing which the Britax one does up to 13kg (around 18months old). However, the Shuffle states up to 9kg RF which is about what she is now at 10 months old. Is that just a guideline? Could I use it for longer RF? Does anyone know?

Can't afford a full blown Extended Rear Facing seat so this is like a compromise. Any comments on the Shuffle please?

If the car seat recommends up to 9kg RF then I personally wouldn't use it for heavier weight. It basically means it's been tested and deemed safe upto that weight.

I would recommend the Britax First Class Plus. I used it for my LO (albeit for 3 weeks until we bought a new car and it wouldn't fit in it!). We then got the MyChild Cocoon which is similar to the Britax but with isofix base.

This Is what we're planning to get Hun as first class plus isn't compatabile with my car. And cannot afford a erf seat and it'd be too much in a 3dor car.
I wouldn't use it past the stated weight though as it will have only been safety tested to that weight xxx

I have one o these as ds is too tall for an infant seat. I'm planning on using it until he's capable sitting up enough to go front facing, although he may not have reached 9kg by then. If he's too heavy I'll use it front facing. If not then we'll out him in his group 123 seat. I wouldn't recommend it past their weight giudelines as I'm guessing its too heavy to be safe than and needs to seat back for support. Its certainly not an extended rear facing seat.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I'd imagined if it's suitable for more than 9kg but forward facing then continuing for a bit longer in rear facing wouldn't be a major issue. But I'd imagine it's different forces etc and different tests for the different directions.

Certainly not intending to use as extended rear facing. I'm not entirely stupid. Just wanting to get it going just a little longer rear facing if I could. But I wasn't thinking clearly so that's all good. Britax it is.

Yeah, that's true. I guess I'd imagined if it's suitable for more than 9kg but forward facing then continuing for a bit longer in rear facing wouldn't be a major issue. But I'd imagine it's different forces etc and different tests for the different directions.

Certainly not intending to use as extended rear facing. I'm not entirely stupid. Just wanting to get it going just a little longer rear facing if I could. But I wasn't thinking clearly so that's all good. Britax it is.

At least it fits in your car. Apparently it's not compatible with mine.. :/

I have just bought 2 of these, we haven't fitted them in the car though yet as LO is still in his travel system one. I would also be interested in hearing other people's opinions on them, they have good online reviews

how did u find out if it fits in your car?

how did u find out if it fits in your car?

The britax website tells you. It's really annoying because it straps in fine but apparently it's not compatible. Which I guess means its an unsafe fit? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->