baby weight at 30 weeks - how accurate is it?

bumpbetty

Reaction score
Hi ya ladies

I went for a 3d scan theother day and our baby girl is measuring 2 weeks ahead and weighs 3ibs 14 oz! Should i be worried? I'm all bump and have not put any weight on anywhere else. And i'm petite so a bit scared of having a big baby! People keep commenting on how "neat" i am and even saying i'm very small for 30 weeks. But obviously the baby is growing! Anyone else experience this before and what size baby did you have?

Thanks!

All weight measurements at scans are not accurate, they are purely an estimate.

Heres a good example my baby was 3lb 13oz in week 30 and according to graphs baby is perfect and right on track. No one has once said to me i am 2 weeks ahead. So id take it with a pinch of salt :)

I wouldn't rely too much on the scan, I was told at 35 weeks my daughter was nearly 6lbs and she was born two weeks late at 42 weeks and weighed 6lb 12oz so I don't think they're too accurate x

On the opposite side I had a scan with harry at 36 weeks and was reliably informed he weighed 5lb 6 ish well he was born at 42 weeks weighing 11lb 5 oz there's no way he tripled his weight in 6 weeks never lol
This little lady is a lot smaller having a growth scan to check at 36 weeks anyway but I shall be taking it with a large glass of salt lol

Emma

On the opposite side I had a scan with harry at 36 weeks and was reliably informed he weighed 5lb 6 ish well he was born at 42 weeks weighing 11lb 5 oz there's no way he tripled his weight in 6 weeks never lol
This little lady is a lot smaller having a growth scan to check at 36 weeks anyway but I shall be taking it with a large glass of salt lol

Emma

Wow 11lb 5oz!! :argh:

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4