baby weight loss??

bumpsmum

Mummy to Matthew & Daniel
Reaction score
Matthew has been ill on and of with various things for last 3 weeks or so, a viral infection, the a bad cold, then a tummy bug and teething badly all the way through! As a rsult he's been of his feeds, will take solids resonably well but not great with milk. Well he was weighed 10 days ago and weighed 15lb 12 and again yest and he's now 15lb 11! So he's dropped 1oz possibly more as when she weighed him at first it looked like he lost 5oz he was rather wriggly tho so its hard to say. HV was not overly concerned but me being the hypochondriac I am are concerned as his weight is already an issue, any other babies lost any weight? I know 1oz is nothing but if his appetite does not pick up soon and he continues to be so active who knows...x

Sorry don't have experience of this but wanted to offer reassurance. I am sure he is fine, to lose 1oz considering all the above you have mentioned is not bad at all. I would weigh him again next week and see if there have been an increase. I would only worry if his weight loss continued week by week.
I guess babies are like us when we are ill they go off their food and lose weight.

Big hugs...don't worry too much...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->