Baby weight

missjacey44

Jacey & Baby Tye
Reaction score
My baby was born at 7lb8oz but 4days after birth went down to 6lb12oz and is only now back upto his birth weight.. 2weeks 4days later.. My friends baby who is 4days older was born at 7lb is now already 9lb something! Im worried he isnt putting on enough weight... the midwife or health visitor would say if they were worried wouldnt they?

Ava's bottle fed Jacey (assuming you're on about her) Tye is doing fabulously for a breast fed baby xx

sounds fine to me hunni its very normal for bf babies to lose some of birth weight xxx

Also, Caitlyn was only 7lb something (alright I forgot how much exactly) at 13days old! Look at her now x

Thats fairly normal honey, Jasmine was 6lb14 at birth and she was breast-fed and bottle-fed, even though she put weight on, but shes only 17lb 12 now and shes 9months old

don't worry hun.
my ickle Ali was born at a teeny 5ibs 3ozs. He then lost weight (where from i am not sure as he was so teeny!!) after birth and then slowly gained it. He is 15 weeks this coming sunday and yesterday he weighed 12ibs 3ozs. all babies are different - i am sure your LO will go through a sudden growth spirt soon.

:hug:

Christine
X

sounds normal to me Jacob was born at 6lb4 then dropped to 5lb13 and was weight yesterday and is now 6lb11!!

I have a friend exactly the same as you whos baby seems to be putting alot more on than Jacob just remind yourself each child is different!!

x

oh they'd totally let you know if they were worried at all! they tube fed Ally til he was back to his birthweight.

It's totally normal! All babies lose some weight at the beginning, they should re-gain their birth weight by 2-3 weeks old, so she's doing just swimmingly

Star

chloe lost to start with. she was 6lbs 12oz at birth went down to 6lbs 7oz. shes now 16 weeks and a whopping 16lbs + so I really wouldn't worry

Ava's bottle fed Jacey (assuming you're on about her) Tye is doing fabulously for a breast fed baby xx

I wasnt actually but i the friend i was on about said she is half bottle and half breast! but she did say he feeds more often than Tye, i guess tye just isnt a hungry baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->