Baby with a cold help!

3011busyyear

Reaction score
She's really suffering bless her.
I've got some nurofen in her and baby olbas oil on her bedding etc.

She slept ok last night but just won't settle for her nap. She does settle when I hOld her but cries when I sit down, my back won't let me hold her for more than a few mins at a time.

What can I do to help her?

Hun Henry had a really bad cold a couple of weeks ago and I took him twice to the out of Drs just to stuff associated with it and he said there's nothing you can do - calpol and nurofen just mask the symptoms not cure it and they just have to "tough it out". Try running the shower in the bathroom and wait until it's all steamy and put her in there - supposed to help! And watch out i doesn't develop into a throat/chest infection - which is did for H :( Hope she feels better soon!!

Is she still small enough for a baby swing? Thats where Connor had to nap for the duration of his cold, and I also ran a vaporizer that helped alot.

Hope she feels better soon!

Aww she's just fallen asleep on me on the sofa, it's like a flash back to newborn when she would only sleep on me. :hugs:

Hiya, No advice really but Lotte was the same when she had a cold a few weeks ago. I ended up on the sofa with her as she wouldn't sleep in the cot just like when she was little. She's all better now and back in her cot.

Hope she gets better soon. You can get those plug in vapour things for the room. I was recommended them after her last cold but haven't tried one yet.

xx

When Emma had cold I used karval plug in plus olbas oil on her cot, plus humidifier and she seemed to sleep ok , the plug ins are good

Oh and I put baby vicks on her chest!!!

How old is she?

We use Calpol and Karvol (like olbas oil) but obviously they have age restrictions. We used to tilt her cot up at one end but she moves around to much now and would only end up with her feet on the raised end lol!

Sitting in a steamy bathroom can help. And naps upright, sitting on you or in bouncer.

There's not much else you can do really, just wait it out, probably with a few tiring nights getting up with her. Some colds are definitely worse than others.

Nasosal drops used to work wonders for my toddler when he was a baby. Also, raising the head end of the cot can help.

Its horroible for them isnt it....

My LO has had one for couple of weeks now.He isnt grumpy with it anymore but you can still hear the snot rattling around in there.

Only advice i can give is saline drops and a nasal aspirator.
We put the drops up and wait a few minutes and then use the aspirator.Sometimes nothing comes out but sometimes an amazing amount comes out!!
I hate having to do it as he dislikes it but i does help.

Also plenty of fresh air, as you know when we have colds you feel better when outside.Keep LO's room cool.

Hope this helps

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->