Baby with PINK EYE! HELP!!!

DeeStar03

Reaction score
My son.. 6 months.. has PINK EYE!!!!!!!!!!!... He was around my husbands lil sister all weekend and I KNEW I shouldn't have went there.. I'm sooo upset that hes sick now!

I called the doc. and they are going to call in I guess eye drops for him. But has anyone's baby got this so YOUNG?? and how long does it take to clear?

I feel terrible for my boy!:cry:

Is pink eye conjuncitivitis? If it is, then it will clear up with antibiotic eye drops. Tegan had it, and it has cleared up now :) She was about 2 months when she got it. I wouldn't worry, it is nothing serious at all. In fact it is very common in children.

ETA - Like I said, Tegan was a third of your babies age when she had it, and she is fine. It took about two weeks to clear up and your child will likely have it more than once a year for a few years yet, so don't worry so much. He's not really 'sick', because its not really all that serious hun :hugs:

Thank you.. I know its not that bad... but my husbands little sister had it and then it turned into this WHOLE sinus infection and viral infection... and the start of it was pink eye! i just hope my son doesn't get anything else now.. I'm more worried about that then anything right now!

Awww it will be fine I'm sure, hope lo is better soon :)

pretty sure its the same as conjunctivitis *heads off to google...*

What is "pink eye"?

Pink eye, or conjunctivitis, is redness and inflammation of the membranes (conjuctiva) covering the whites of the eyes and the membranes on the inner part of the eyelids. These membranes react to a wide range of bacteria, viruses, allergy-provoking agents, irritants, and toxic agents, as well as to underlying diseases within the body. Viral and bacterial forms of conjunctivitis are common in childhood, but they can occur in people of any age. Overall however, there are many causes of pink eye. These can be classified as either infectious or noninfectious.

THanks girls... It seems that the redness has gone down.... but he's still rubbing it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->