Baby won't cooperate for 3D scan :(

Jess125

Reaction score
We went in last Thursday for our 3D scan but our LO was holding her feet above her head so her legs were covering her face. The ultrasound tech tried to get her to move for 15 min and gave up. Went back today after drinking 2 glasses of OJ since I heard that makes babies active but our LO was facing my back. Again, she refused to move no matter how much the ultrasound tech poked and jiggled her. I was so disappointed and upset I nearly cried once I got back to my car. I've been looking forward to the 3D scan since January and I can't believe my baby is being so difficult! She is normally very active but it's like she knows we're trying to get pictures so she hides. Now I have to wait another week to try again. Is anyone else having this much trouble getting 3D scan pictures??

I am!! We went in on Saturday and she had her arms over her head so she was covering her face.. The tech told me to get up and jump around a little and I did that for about five minutes and she looked and our LO put her foot in front of her face too.. So now we have to go back on Friday to try again. I was so disappointed.. Like you I have been waiting for these for so long and she decided she wanted to be super shy .. Hopefully both our babies will show it all next time!

My first baby I never was able to get a decent pic...he buried his face in the placenta every time the doc tried.

My little guy was HORRIBLE. He is always super active but for ultrasounds he goes to sleep. Well at our 3D scan he was "asleep" or so we thought. The tech took almost 15 minutes just to get a decent face shot after "baby earthquaking" him (jiggling the wand on my tummy) we finally get a look then you see him smile really big and turn away from us. She then went to the other side of my belly and got his face again just to see him smile again and put his hands covering his face (it looked like he was playing peek a boo!) then she earthquakes him again and you could see him open his eyes, smile then he pushed his face into the placenta. Now he is one stubborn little guy. I personally think he knew exactly what was going on and just refused photos.

I'm glad my baby isn't the only one being uncooperative! I thought for sure the ultrasound tech would get her to move since she kept jiggling my belly but nope :nope: I really don't know what to do different next time but if she hides again I'm seriously going to cry :cry: I want to see her so badly!

Awe I'm sorry Hun. I know how frustrating that can be. My dd was such a pain trying to get 3d pics. She had everything possible in her face. Feet hands cord placenta we tried three weeks in a row and finally gave up and got a partial refund. We will be trying with this LO on the 23rd and hopefully she won't give us the trouble her sister did.

Hey sweetie!

We were advised by the place that did our 4D scan that I should drink a fizzy drink and eat some chocolate or sugary sweets 30 minutes before our appointment. It did the trick for me as he really co-operated, whereas in the past he just lay there facing my back and didn't move.

Always worth a try for your next appointment?!!

Good luck! Big hugs! xxx

We tried at 29+3...got nothing! She was totally not cooperating and had her hands in her face the whole time. We went back at 32+3 and it took quite a while but finally she moved her hands and we got awesome pics and video :) Definitely worth the wait!

Hey sweetie!

We were advised by the place that did our 4D scan that I should drink a fizzy drink and eat some chocolate or sugary sweets 30 minutes before our appointment. It did the trick for me as he really co-operated, whereas in the past he just lay there facing my back and didn't move.

Always worth a try for your next appointment?!!

Good luck! Big hugs! xxx

I'm planning to bring a chocolate bar with me to eat right before my next appt. When you say fizzy drink do you mean soda with caffeine? I'm a little nervous about that since caffeine isn't good for babies but I may try drinking a little and see what happens. I sure hope it works!

hi hun i have had 4d scans with both my boys and got fab results - I was advised to start drinking an extra 2 glasses of water a day then i normally would for the week leading up to the scan and then a fizzy drink just before you go in :)

both my babies were active during the scans and we got fab videos and pictures - DS2 we have doing a back flip on DVD!

as for a fizzy drink it really wont hurt to have one hun :) - stay away from Diet cokes etc.. as diet fizzy drinks have something in thats not so great for baby but the full sugar fizzy drinks are ok in small doses.

a glass of full sugar coke is 40mg of caffiene and its safe for pregnant ladies to have up to 200mg a day :)

and if your still worried there are drinks such as lemonade etc.. that dont have caffiene :)

3rd time's the charm! She finally cooperated and I got 36 pics :) I had a dark chocolate bar and a can of Mello Yello before the scan so maybe that helped. She initially had her foot in her face, and then she started chewing on her umbilical cord (didn't know they did that), and then she gave us the finger lol. Crazy girl! I'll have to post pics soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->