Baby won't settle on a position

berticles21

mummy to Noah
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Was just wondering whether anyone else was experiencing this. With my past two pregnancies baby had settled in a head down position by this stage. This baby seems to be a rogue and every day is in a different position. The last two midwife check ups I've had she's been breech. Annoying as she was the right way up until 29 weeks when she suddenly flipped. Now some days she's transverse too which is really uncomfortable! I'm trying my hardest to encourage her back right way and am pretty much active all day with my other two children so it's not like I'm sat around all day. Is anyone else experiencing this or has done and has any words of encouragement? Thanks😃

No experience but I'm sure she will get into position when time. I've heard some babies wait until the last min. ♡

Yes. My LO was still changing right up until my waters broke at 35+2! I even posted that morning about how she was lying across and how painful it was.

I wonder if she'd have settled if I'd gone full term or if she'd have kept on changing several times a day!

My baby is going the same!! It's driving me mad lol! My four boys were ace but she's being a menace xx

My DD settled in when she was supposed to, my DS? Yeah no..... I don't think he has been head down at any ultrasound I've had, and I have had QUITE a few. He was breech at 33+5. He moves around all day and prefers transverse or oblique, which I prefer too, because when he is footing breech, it's hard for me to do ohhhhhh anything because I can't lean forward without squishing the unmoving baby. -_- next check is at 36w at which point I will schedule a c-section if he is still breech. If he flips and I go in to labor before then, awesome, if not, oh well!

My baby is a little active one too, and has been changing position up until two wks ago when she finally decided to turn from breech to head down at 37wks. She was transverse for a while, then breech at 37wk appt. Consultant advised me that baby needed to be turned manually, but when I went for the procedure the next day, she had turned by herself (thankfully!!)

Aw so I'm not alone😄! I currently have no idea where she's lying I keep hoping she's the right way haha. How can you tell because I was convinced she was head down at the last midwife appointment but the midwife said she was breech still. I can only ever tell when she's sideways because of how uncomfortable it is

Aw so I'm not alone😄! I currently have no idea where she's lying I keep hoping she's the right way haha. How can you tell because I was convinced she was head down at the last midwife appointment but the midwife said she was breech still. I can only ever tell when she's sideways because of how uncomfortable it is

I could tell because of where the kicks were. She was footling breech and I could feel her kicking on my cervix. Then when she flipped I could feel her turning then the kicks would be up high.

Sideways is easy, I agree lol. Very uncomfortable!

At the moment I feel movements central and top with lighter ones at the bottom?? I listened to heart beat earlier and found it on the lower left hand side of my tummy so hopefully a sign she's making her way down 😃

My baby is still complete breech at 32 weeks. He rolls from his left to right side, but never flips over with his head down. He has always been transverse or breech at every exam and scan.

My MW won't be concerned until he's around 36 weeks. But, his belly has always measured large... So, I'm a little concerned that a "flip" may not be in the cards for me.

From what I read, the heart beat isn't very accurate in determining baby's position. Check out "belly mapping" to learn more about estimating baby's position. It's REALLY hard to tell!! Also, if this isn't your first baby- they can turn head down WAY later than babies of first time moms typically do.

Hope that's helpful. You're definitely not alone!

Thanks everyone! Well today the little menace could be rolled in a ball. I really have no idea but yet again my bump has shrunk. This is definately the smallest ive ever been throughout a pregnancy! Strange thing is before she turned I was having constant pains down below and braxtons so maybe she did it on purpose so she would have chance to cook for longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->