Baby wont sleep after fireworks scared her

JanJan

Reaction score
Hi, my baby is 18 months old and up until Sunday night she was a very good sleeper. She a stories before bed then you could walk away from her, she would either play or go straight to sleep. That was until Sunday night when the blasted fireworks went off. she was just drifting off to sleep when someone let off one of the load ones (i think it was a display near us). Since then we have had to rock to sleep. She cries to frantically when you leave now. Last night she woke up at 11am and was awake until 5 am this morning. What can we do to help her through this. We have changed her room around today, brought new things for her room. Put a big poster up. Anything to try and change it so she does not have the memory of being scared. Please help (sorry to be so long). Janet

Dd has been the same and cries when we put her to bed now when she was fine before :( But tonight she was less scared. Hopefully it's a phase they'll get out of soon, it's horrible seeing them scared isn't it? She even gets panicky if she sees car lights outside in the dark now and makes us pull down the blinds/shut the curtains when it gets dark.
Your LO sounds a lot more unsettled though, I guess you'll just have to keep reassuring her til she forgets about the bangs.

aawww hunni hope she settles soon what about playing a sleep cd in her bedroom when shes gping tosleep

my niece was the same way!

i had the idea to play books on tape, you can get them in childrens stories from the library if you dont want to buy them.

hope she settles back down again soon for you hun xxxxxxxx

i have a cd of tunes / rhymes etc that i play to ewan when he goes to sleep, and a small night light. and that seems to help. Some of the fireworks have startled him, but i have sat and explained its only noise and wont hurt, they just go 'bang' so every time one goes off he says 'its alright.. wont hurt.. goes BANG!' cute!

We leave the hall light for Mya, and she has a night light in her room and we play some music for (at the moment she has Vanessa Mae playing). Tonight we left her shouting for 5 mins (no tears, just noise) then I gave her cuddle and she went straight off to sleep. Hopefully she will stay alseep until morning. now. Thanks for your tips. Really appreicate it.

poor little thing, hope everything is working out now with her new things you brought x

poor little thing, hope everything is working out now with her new things you brought x

Thanks. When we got her up this morning, she was pointing at her poster and saying "puss cat". So i think she is happy with her newly decorated room. I know I am lol

bless, i am glad she is fine, no more scary room x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->