• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Baby won't wake up for feed

vegazbaby

Reaction score
My baby arrived 4 dys ago by c section, he had to have tests on his stomach tube down throat before I could feed,
He didn't latch on that well to start and it got to gone 4 hours and the midwife syringed collustrum to him and sometimes he latched on afterwards
Day two we fed am but seemed to be waiting for him to wake up and say feed me

I gave formula day three am as I knew he wasn't getting enough food and maybe no energy to wake up for feeds

When hoe he ate all day yesterday. But today again he's back to no interest I'm sure he's not latching on to me.

How do I keep my baby awake enough to feed him, just gave into formula and he had 25ml now sleeping again

Any thoughts

When Mia was brand new She would sleep for hours if I let her with out eating and nott much woke her up. I would do like a dream feed and latch her in her sleep to eat and she would often wake up soon after latching for a full feed

Have you tried tickling his feet with your fingernails?

I use to have to put my first in a sink full of water to play around for a bit to wake him up. It was miserable but got better by 1 month old

I found blowing in her face, dragging my nail along the bottom of her foot (gently!) or tickling her side.

You need to wake them at this age, even if it means resorting to stripping them down to just vest or vest and nappy and dabbing them with a lukewarm damp facecloth. It's unusual for babies to wake for feeds themselves at this stage of things xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->