Baby wrap/sling

stephmum2be

Mummy to Isabella
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Im really wanting to wear baby once she/he is here but im having a hard time choosing one as theres so many! Im looking at the babasling atm has anyone got any experience with this? Also what sling would be best for a newborn and what wrap have you got and why? Sorry for all the questions!

Thanks

moby carrier/close carrier are good for newborns :)

I've just got a freedom sling that I love also mei tais or connectas are good for when baby is 5/6weeks old plus :)

I use a wilkinet carrier when logan was little and then moved upto a babyhawk which i loved until he got too heavy!! So now ive made my own wrap and i love it!! Is soo comfy and supportive and i can wear him all day!!

Definitly like mobys for newborns

I love connectas, not keen on the babasling especially if you are larger or have a bigger chest.

I think it all depends on what you are looking for froma sling, so when you will use it while doing what etc.

I love a good ring sling and would always start with one personally. If I never bought another sling I'd buy a ring sling. I have a baby sense and a huggababy (I had a huggababy before and LOVED it.) I will most likely get a wrap and a mei tai style carrier as baby gets older but the ring sling I had before was used from birth until dd was about 3 (albeit sparingly) so good value for me.

Thanks for your replies, im just wanting one to wear around the house when im doing chores and when we walk the dog etc. Ive been looking at the moby slings but they seem quite expensive and were on a bit of a budget, im watching a babasling on ebay so if i get it for cheap and i dont like it ive not wasted much so its a worth a go! I'll def have a look at the ring slings too, thanks girls :)

I thought they were around the same price/if anything, the Babasling slightly more? I have no experience with Babaslings personally but I've not read very positive things about them to be honest...have you read the Carrier Review Thread?

I have a Sleepy Wrap [very similar to the Moby] and paid £35 for it...soooo worth it IMO, it's been an absolute lifesaver. Great for dog walking, and it's the only fail safe way to get my LO to sleep within seconds every time. Good luck with whatever you choose anyway :)

I've got a babsling (bought it before I discovered these forums) which I got for £25 in TKMaxx. I find it to be ok but Charlie hates lying down in it so we have used it with him snuggled in a more upright position from him being about 3 weeks old. As he's getting heavier it's causing more strain on my shoulder so I'm looking to get a mei tai soon.

Maybe i'll give the babasling a miss then, i'll have a look at the sleepy wrap though. Theres just so many to choose from!

God I know! I swear I spent HOURS looking, it's so addictive too...I've just bought two Mei Tais in less than a week :lol:

Just seen something on Natural Mamas which might be worth a look, it's sort of a cross between a wrap and a SSC from what I can gather, cheap too:

https://www.naturalmamas.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73584

:)

Well after searching for ages ive decided to go for a freedom sling ive heard good things about it and it was a good price too so im hoping that when she/he comes we'll get on with it! Thanks for all your replies girls :flower:

Fab choice I have one and im new to baby wearing and I love it :D

I have a Baliwrap- I also had a mobywrap but didn't like it as it is stretchy and quickly stretched out and became loose. I ADORE my baliwrap- it's a woven one I got pre-loved off ebay and wouldn't be without it! I've had lo in it since she was about 3 weeks (first time i put her in it she slept for 5 hours straight!!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->