Babygirl being born today at 34+6 due to pre-e

ButtonJessie

TTC #2 :)
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My baby will be being born today due to pre-e. On top of the pre-e I have a low lying placenta so I have to have a c-section. I feel like there isn't an element of this which is going to go the way I wanted :-(

We haven't got a weight estimate for her but we have been told she will go to SCBU more than likely, and need a feeding tube.

More than anything I feel worried about being parted from her, not being able to have skin-to-skin contact, and not being able to breast feed right away.

I feel guilty too; I wanted her to come early, I was impatient and secretly hoped she'd come sooner rather than later and now she's coming too soon. The rational part of my mind knows this is out of my control but I can't help feeling like this.

I don't feel ready to not be pregnant anymore. I don't feel ready to loose my bump.

I feel like people think that if you have a section you've never really "done it".

All these thoughts are whirling round my head and I just wanted to get them out into the ether so I can start concerntrating on getting myself ready to be strong. I am a strong woman, and I've been ready to be her mother for years, I just need to remind myself of that.

Jessie
Xxx

I hope everything goes well for you today and your lo doesnt need to stay in scbu long.

Xx

I feel guilty too; I wanted her to come early, I was impatient and secretly hoped she'd come sooner rather than later and now she's coming too soon. The rational part of my mind knows this is out of my control but I can't help feeling like this.

Listen to the rational side! You can wish to meet your daughter; you'd never wish for her to come before she's ready. Wordvomit all you need here, you are entitled to feel cheated out of the birth you wanted and the pregnancy you'd hoped for. xxx

Big hugs.

Chloe was born at 34+6 very suddenly. I also felt guilty as for weeks before I had said I was fed up of being pregnant and just wanted her born.

She is was special care for 8 days-was on CPAP for 2 days and was fed by a tube for 6 days. I was desperate to breast feed and SCBU were very supportive of it. I expressed and I am very proud she had no formula whilst in SCBU. We really struggled with bf as Chloe was very sleepy so I decided to express which I did until she was 6 weeks old. There are lots of mums on here though who have bf successfully. :flower:

SCBU life is a complete rollercoaster and it is the hardest thing in the world leaving your baby and going home without them :cry:

I hope your section goes well and that your daughter is born healthy. Give us an update when you can xx

My lo was born nearly 15 weeks early so I had to express for 14 weeks before she came home. I initially breastfed using a nipple shield as she was small and couldn't latch. After 6 weeks I phased it out. She is 11 months next week (7 1/2 months corrected) and I am still breastfeeding. Any questions ask away.

Xx

Big hugs.

Chloe was born at 34+6 very suddenly. I also felt guilty as for weeks before I had said I was fed up of being pregnant and just wanted her born.

Thanks so much for your lovely PM this morning :hugs: I forwarded it to Jess for her to read, too. I'll reply tonight when the milkmonster goes to bed! xxxx

Oh, and her section has been postponed till tomorrow as there's not enough SCBU staff able to get into work today!

My LO was born at 34+6 and bf from day 3 and went straight to exclusive bf, I was lucky to have accommodation at the hospital so that I could feed on demand. I did insist on no bottles and cup feeding only when I wasn't there.

Good luck and hopefully your baby won't be in there too long x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->