Babyproofing?

prettybirdy27

Reaction score
When should you babyproof the house? I'm talking putting things on all the cabinet doors, strapping the tv and other big things down, putting up stair gates, etc. Should we have all that done by the time the baby comes, or are we more safe to wait until the she starts becoming mobile?

We baby-proofed in stages. We didn't do much of anything until he could crawl. That's when we blocked access to the kitchen, TV area, and bathrooms. Also we plugged all the electrical sockets. Once he could walk, we unblocked the kitchen but put in the drawer lock things.

You don't need to baby proof until baby is mobile Hun, I start doing it when baby is crawling, my kitchen and bathroom doors have locks at the top anyway as I have kids and am used to locking them out of dangerous rooms lol but I'll need to buy baby gates etc all over again lol

I sort of baby proofed as I needed. He really let me know what I needed to do and adjusted as we go.

Just do it as needed! They just lie where you put them for ages, it's not until crawling they start with the chaos!
Also depends on how much you want to do, I blocked plug sockets and had a baby safe on the kitchen cupboard with bleach in but just taught him not to open other cupboards etc.
Blocked off access to the sky box etc because he loved pushing buttons but soon learnt! Books and dvds went up a shelf though until he learnt not to touch, or they would all come down multiple times a day... ahh all this to come again!

Crawling stage is babyproofing time. My son was 10 months before he cld move forward. That's when we got our stair gate.

I didn't babyproof till my baby was mobile. I guess you could start now if you like, if you feel you'd be too overwhelmed later, but there isn't a need really.

Thanks for the input, everyone. There's a few big things that I think I want to tackle now, such as getting furniture straps on the tv and china cabinet, since those are ones that won't impede our daily lives now. But things like baby gates and cabinet securements I think we'll wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->