baby's abdomen isn't growing with the rest of her body

MaddyMonster

Scott and Cloë
Reaction score
And she is measuring a few weeks behind. I'm being sent to a high risk doctor to get the placenta and umbilical cord checked out. Does anyone have any experience with something like this? What will they do if something isnt working right?

Sorry I don't really have any advice but I didn't want to read and run.
Usually the doctors will assess the risk and everything between keeping her in there and bringing her out. Obviously if things are not working in there she will have to come out.
Good luck, I hope it all works out well for you x

This happened with my first baby. Starting around 24 weeks her abdominal circumference was a little behind. I was monitored every couple weeks via ultrasound and her abdominal circumference kept falling further behind. They were worried about growth restriction. At 37+5 her abdomen measured 33 weeks and they induced me the next morning (I also had high blood pressure so this influenced their decision). She was tiny at 5lbs 13 oz but completely healthy. They'll check the umbilical blood flow to make sure the baby is ok. Don't worry too much, I'm sure the doctors will make sure your baby is ok and deliver her if they feel it's needed. Good luck, I'm sure your baby will be just fine!

Oh yeah this time around I was diagnosed with a clotting disorder so they said that probably contributed to the growth restriction with my daughter.

I had an ultrasound to check the placenta and umbilical cord, and they said everything seemed fine. They told me that they'll induce if she falls under the 10th percentile. On Tuesday she was in the 21 percentile, and yesterday they said 30 something, so it seems like everything will be okay :) her abdomen is measuring 31 weeks, and I'm almost 34, so I was a bit worried, but the docs say that she should be okay :) they're just going to keep a good eye on her. They told me she'll probably just end up being a small baby, which as long as she's healthy, is okay with me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->