Baby's First Christmas (ideas please!)

cupcakekitty

Reaction score
My DS will be 31 weeks (7 months) and I am so excited for his first Christmas together and for us to be a proper little family!

So far I have three things for him and can see us really spoiling our boy because I want to make it special for him.

Yes he won't understand what is going on but as I said I want it to be the best time every for all of us.

Any ideas/or stories of what you have done for your LO would be very welcomed!

Shape sorted and push along type walker.
Just about anything that is age appropriate for a 6 / 9 mth old. Wouldn't buy too much though.

My son will be six months old at Christmas, I've just brought him a rattle and a ball pit and a sit to stand fisher price thing as it was on offer!

That's all he will be getting as he just won't get it and I find it a waste of money just buying for the sake of it when he wont be able to do much!

I have a Christmas Eve box for him too as I do one for my four year old but to be honest I'm only doing that because I know my daughter will say "why doesn't he have anything?" So he's literally got some pjs and a beaker in it!

My daughter was four weeks old at Christmas and I literally didn't get her anything! Xx

My DDs were both 3 months old for their first Christmas
I got shape sorters, stacking blocks, walker, soft toys, pjs
I did go a bit mad but bought for the year ahead too.

My three boys have all been various ages for their first christmas (ds1 was 5 months, ds2 11 months and ds3 8 months). They've had between them:
A baby walker
A push/ride along indoor car
Beatbo
Shape sorters
Various Vtech type toys but the mid price ranges
An inflatable ' sit up toy
A nice set of books which will hopefully last as keep sakes
From my sister they've all had personalised 'my first Christmas' teddy bears

They've all also had their own set of 'my first Christmas' pj's/baby grow which they wear to bed on christmas eve and then goes in their memory box.

As pp said they won't remember much but so do what makes you happy, also it's a great time to start trying out new traditions

It's my dd's first Christmas too - she'll be 8 months old.

We're buying her things aimed at slightly above her age range so she can grow into them and a small selection of things that will keep her amused now.

Things like bath toys, wooden blocks, pjs, shape sorter and an activity cube (amongst quite a few :blush: other bits and pieces)

Make a fuss, it will be your first Christmas together and although he won't remember it, you will and those memories will last a lifetime <3

Thank you everyone for your responses some good ideas my boy is getting a walker from my parents amongst some other little bits and a jumperoo from my sister.

The toys we have bought are aimed to grow with Coop and I cannot wait to buy him some first Christmas outfits, a teddy and ornament as a little keepsake.

I am so excited for christmas I love this thread!!!:thumbup:

My dd was 7 months her first Christmas. Santa brought her stacking cups, freddie firefly, my first dolly, sorting blocks, popcorn push toy, zebra rolling/ride on. From family she got clothes, xylophone, vtech walk and stand, bath toys and money.

And yes, she was too young to understand but I had a good time :)

My daughter was 10 weeks last year. We got her mainly clothes, a personalised "Santa adventure" book (which will now go in her Christmas Eve box each year) a personalised stocking, weaning kit, and some small/cheap toys (rattles, teethers and the like)

From family she got a plush sit up car toy which plays music (she gets bored in it pretty quickly tbh!) a jumperoo (lots of use but for a short period of time) money, and a vtech walker which she plays with every day.

This year we are getting her the vtech activity cube, a "ball drop" game (which I got for £3!) new shoes, probably some type of musical instrument toy as she loves her xylophone (I'm thinking toy drum, might regret it though) and then probably just clothes.

I plan to get her things to see her through to her next birthday. It worked out last year. So it looks as though we have bought her loads, but then we don't really need to spend throughout the year.

This is my baby's first Christmas too. He will be almost a year old.
So far we have bought him some stacking cups. I am also considering getting a shape sorter, big Duplo blocks and a ride on toy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->