Baby's head measuring big - scared of birth now!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by lilly77, Jun 3, 2011.

1. lilly77

lilly77 Mom to Kai & Ivy

I had a growth scan at 36 weeks as (ironically enough) MW thought my bump was measuring small.

Well turns out baby girl is absolutely fine, measuring bang on 36 weeks for leg length and abdominal circ..

..but she's measuring 39 weeks for head circumference and 40 weeks for BPD !!! (which is the widest part of head at the temples)
    Even the sonographer was like, oh she's got a big head, its very round!

Has anyone else had this? I'm worried about labour now:wacko:. especially the pushing stage :nope:

2. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

My son was like a lollipop when he was born and I coped on just gas and air.

3. lilly77

lilly77 Mom to Kai & Ivy

hmmm.I think epidural's definitely in my birth plan now!! Did you need stitches?!

4. Lea8198

Lea8198 Well-Known Member

I have a big baby all over!!!!!!! I am sure you will be fine. I am nervous though too. It's natural. Speak to your mw. They will be able to reassure you x

5. DarlingMe

DarlingMe Well-Known Member

Look up pictures of babies right after delivery, like "conehead newborns." There are tons of pictures that show how the babies head and bones form for a vaginal delivery. Of course it is still scary but maybe knowing how the baby's body adapts too will make you feel better! Our bodies our amazing!

Attached Files: