Baby's Heartbeat

snowflake

Reaction score
Hi,

I just wanted to ask if anybody else had their first scan at around 8 weeks and if so, did they see their baby's heartbeat? I had my first scan on Monday and saw my baby's heartbeat but it wasn't flickering madly on the scan which I was expecting to see. Friends of mine who have had babies said when they saw their baby's heartbeat at around 8 weeks it was really flickering madly away. My baby's heartbeat was flickering quite slowly. I am sure if there was something to be concerned about my Gyni would have said so?

This is my first pregnancy and myself and my DH have been trying for just over 2 years so I am worrying about every little thing.

Can anyone help?

Maybe how she explained it, you built a completely different picture in your head to what she was trying to explain. If there was anything wrong with the heart, I can assure you that you would know about it from a professional as that would put your baby obviously at possible risk. Try not to worry :hugs: x

When i got my letter to go for scan it says that any problems with the baby are raised with you immediately, so you would have been told if there was a problem.

hi there i had a scan on angharad thought i was 7 weeks but was in between 4-5 wks and couldnt see anything only a black sac but when i went back i was 8 + and there she was you could see her heart beating and she was moving xxx

if your not happy tell your midwife and explain you wernt happy and ask to have another i wasnt happy at my 20 wk so i went back to have another scan just to put my mind at ease xx

My babies always had a slow heartbeat compared to other people. It's just normal for mine :)

Babies heartbeats are often slower early in pregnancy and speed up as it goes along :)

I had my first scan at 8wks 3days and the heart rate was 178bpm, flickering madly away. I'm sure if there was a problem, they would have told you. No worries!

Its really hard to tell the heart rate visually. Unless they told you the bpm, you wouldn't be able to determine whether it was too fast or too slow by looking at a scan. If there had been any sign of either Tachycardia or Bradicardia (slow heartrate), you would have been told.

Im sure everything is absolutely fine!

Hi Snowflake,

This is my 1st and because I had a few early twinges which my GP wasn't sure about, I had my first scan today.

The sonographer pointed out the baby's heartbeat to me & DH but to be honest I was a little dissapointed, I really couldn't really make it out even after she'd shown me, I felt a bit of a failure :cry:

DH was sure he could see it and it was beating ok, not overly fast and not really slowly.

As long as it's beating huni that's the main thing and any other problems they would of told you. :hugs:

:hi:i had a scan when i was about 4wks 6days they couldn't see anything not even a sac. some sites say that your hcg levels have to be over 1500-2000 in order for anything to show up & at the time my levels were only 395. going for my 2nd scan next friday so keeping my finger crossed! x

It can also be very difficult to locate since the bean's so little. I'm sure everything is fine.

I had mine at 7 weeks and the heart was beating quite quickly but don't worry hon as if there was anything wrong you would have been told xx

i had scan at 6 weeks and there was a heart beat x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->