Baby's heartrate?

Rei

Reaction score
So friday I had a scare and started bleeding. I went the ER and all was well with a heart rate of 121 bpm. Well my doctor called me in for another ultrasound today just to be sure and now the baby's heart rate is 164 o_0
does it normally rise that much in such a short period of time?

Completely normal. By 7-8weeks the HR is usually quiet high. 121 I would consider to be on the lower side of normal after 8weeks but in saying this they measure it so briefly so I don't think it's terribly accurate. Wen I had my scan they measured it's heart rate once for no more then 10secs. If they did it a minute later I bet they would get a very different result.

Thank you! Yeah the ultrasound tech said that 121 was still normal though I expected it to be a little bit higher (then again I was also just happy to hear a heart beat) When it went up to 164 I was like WOW! that was fast. I didn't think it would jump up so high so soon. It might be girl after all lol (I know it's just a myth but old wives tales are fun)

Oh yeah it's crazy how much of a difference there can be. At 6 weeks 4 days I had 128. At 10 weeks it was 183! Then it's been running anywhere from 160-178 with my home Doppler. I've read that it usually levels out around 12-14 weeks and it'll be consistent for the rest of the pregnancy.

I don't know how far along you are, but perhaps baby was asleep the first time and was moving about the second time?

My DS's was 180 at our first appointment at 8 weeks so yes, 164 is beautiful! :)

Mine was 118 today and I was told it's slow but normal and should pick up. I'm happy to see it can speed up in such a short amount of time

Thank you ladies!
I'm so glad that this is normal. I've been so worried about this little one especially after my last pregnancy. Despite all the spotting and bleeding this first trimester this one seems bound and determined to stick XD
This child is stubborn like his or her parents that's for sure ^_^ but that's a good thing at the moment. Can't say when he or she becomes a teenager that I'll like that stubborness, but right now it's okay.

When i was pg with my son, our 12 wk scan his hb was 111bpm which i thought was oober low but is completely normal, this pg early scan 7+1 hb was 141bpm so it really just varies & all normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->