Baby's legs?

T

TashaAndBump

My baby sister (11 weeks old) will not put any pressure on her legs if you stand her up - And when you try to stand her, her legs look bandy and her feet turn in on them selves and kind of roll over so the tops of her feet are on the floor? And I've noticed that her hips click a lot, too.

Is that something to be worried about? When mum took her to the doctors, he said that he couldn't hear the clicking, but it is definately there - it's quite a loud cluncky clicking, too! Mum is waiting for a referral for a consultant appointment, but that was some time ago and she's heard nothing back... I'm just worried because her legs look a funny shape (like she's always doing the splits?) and she puts no pressure or weight on her legs at all. Also, for her feet to roll over like they do just seems so odd.

Has anyone else ever had something like this with their baby? Is it just normal for some? I know every baby is different but Anna has been putting weight on her legs for ages now, and Lily is really not that much younger...

I'm quite worrieid about it, but don't want to worry my mum by going on about it. Anyone know if this is okay?

Has she got an extra fold of skin at the top of her legs?

Haven't noticed anything like that... She's quite skinny, so not many folds at all really!

Hmm not sure if there was an extra fold of skin on one side that could of been a sign of Hip Dysplasia. Paige's feet still turn in, they will check the hips again at 8 months i think. Maybe get your mum to speak to HV is she's concerned?? x

Just remember aswell some babies put alot of weight on feet, some don't, they're all different and those couple of weeks could make a big difference x

Hmm thats kinda strange. Erica is like Anna, she can support her weight when put on her feet, we just balance her. I hope everything is ok.

i dont know much about this at all but my health visiter asked me if charlies hips was clicking at all and if anyone in my family had clicky hips i dont know what it means or anyone whos had this though but she asked when going through my red record book xx

The hip thing sounds abit like Dysplasia..don't know too much about it, but would be worth mentioning to HV or GP i think. As for her not puttin weight on her feet, i have to admit it did take a while for my little boy to do that also. Sorry im no help. Hope the appointment with the consultant goes well hun. Keep us posted xx

Seth's legs are bendy and his feet turn in too. I asked HV and she said it was fairly normal. I haven't heard any clicks coming from him though so I can't help there :( Hope everything is ok

xxx

My aunts little girls legs go bend if you stand her up they way your talking about, but no clicky sound. Kyle loves to stand on his legs though..so hopefully its just a case of she doesnt wanna put weight on them xx

when Juleika was this age, I even did not try to stand her up :shock:

not sure though, if at this age this might be any indication for anything really!

for me it sounds much too early, to expect them to put pressure on their feet!

when Juleika was this age, I even did not try to stand her up :shock:

not sure though, if at this age this might be any indication for anything really!

for me it sounds much too early, to expect them to put pressure on their feet!

Ordinarily I'd agree, but everyone else in my family have been naturally early standers, and while Lily does make efforts to stand, or push off of her feet, they just go all bendy and she actually can't... if not because her legs go outwards, but because her feet roll over on themselves.

Anna has been making efforts to stand (as in, not just me standing her up but her pushing off of my tummy with her feet and pushing herself up to a standing position) since she was very very young. To me, therefore, it doesn't seem too young, at 11 weeks, to be holding a baby upright and seeing what he or she does.

It's not a case that I think she should be standing by now, but that she seems to be trying and unable? Is that normal? Also her hips are clicking A LOT now and I'm just concerned that something might be wrong with her...

Don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to push standing onto her. I know that every baby develops at different rates, but Anna has been putting pressure on her feet when you hold her upright for months now, and although I know you shouldn't compare babies, all of my siblings have been the same up until now.

I'm just worried for my baby sister's welfare. The doctor has referred her to see a consultant now because he thinks it's abnormal and is concerned about the clicking - she has a dimple in her bottom or something as well that the doctor is worried about...

I don't know what's average or normal for babies of this age - just what other babies that I have known have done... and Lily's behaviour goes against this.

Thanks for the input anyway mickey - It's certainly reassuring to know that a lot of babies don't put weight on their legs at this stage... Maybe she's just slower to develop than the rest of us were :shrug: *Fingers crossed!*

hopefully you will have reassurance soon :hugs:

finger's crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back