Baby's tummy making funny noises during/after a feed?

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
Does this mean that his tummy is empty? It sounds all gurgly.

I have decided to give bottle feeding a go. Not knowing ho much little one is getting is unnerving me. Even though his nappies seem fine. Im such a worrier :cry:

Does this mean that his tummy is empty? It sounds all gurgly.

I have decided to give bottle feeding a go. Not knowing ho much little one is getting is unnerving me. Even though his nappies seem fine. Im such a worrier :cry:

It definitely doesn't mean his tummy is empty. It's just the milk moving around in his tummy or it could be a bit of wind - with my LO it is normally because he has a bit of wind but he is a very windy baby unfortunately.

How old is your LO? It is very hard at first not knowing how much they are getting but if you would prefer to keep breast feeding then maybe hold off until you get LO weighed, at least then if he has put on weight you will know he is getting plenty. Nappies are the best guide anyway, if there is plenty coming out then there must be plenty going in. We are so used to being able to measure everything that it is hard to just let go of that and trust our body. And when they are newborn they seem so fragile too - as he get older and sturdier you honestly will stop worrying if he is getting enough because you will be able to see that he is thriving. And it is a lovely feeling knowing that it came from you.

If you have made your decision then in the end of the day it is your choice, but if you think you might regret it then maybe try and keep going for a bit longer, if nappies are fine then there really is nothing to worry about, don't give up just for that reason if breast feeding is something that you want to do. :hugs:

:hugs: DD has that gurgly noise after a feed - I worried at first, and then realised it's what my stomach sounds like after I've had a massive glass of liquid!

Agree with Polaris, nappies are a great indication that things are going well - and you'll get a good indication from weigh-ins at baby clinic, too. Basically, if he's peeing frequently enough, he's not dehydrated...and if he's pooing, there is excess to create waste!

I know how hard it is not to worry - and do whatever / choose whatever option makes you happy. Sounds like you are doing a great job, anyway, if the nappies are good. He'll also let you know when he's hungry or if he's not had enough! :hugs:

My LO's tummy makes horrendous gurgling sounds and he's definately not hungry as happy and putting on loads of weight.

As the others have said its just the milk moving around and maybe a bit of wind.

If your LO is happy and content after a feed and the nappies are looking good then he's sure to be getting enough. You will know if he's still hungry.

Lanas tummy does this too and she is FF so dont give up just on this x

La's tummy still does this - and she's well established on solids and in the 98th centile! Don't worry and trust in your body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->