Babywearing questions

FunkyClaire

Reaction score
Hi all, after some advice!

My 6 week old refuses to tolerate being put down at all and only wants to nap on me so wearing her is a Godsend to me to get anything done at all (if only I could figure out how to show in one! :dohh:)

I've been using a Babasling but have just got a Mobywrap which I really like but she has a tendency to wriggle down too low and cover her face too much with the fabric. Is this likely to be because it's wrapped too loose? It seems really tricky to get it snug enough.

Also, how long do people normally wear their LOs? She cries when first put in but after that will sleep nonstop... nice and peaceful but I worry if I have her in it too long she won't sleep well at night? Is there a limit?

when Daisy was really little i used to put the moby on me quite snugly so that it was nice and supportive....when she gets bigger you will have to wrap a little more loosely so baba can fut in but then you will soon have to tighten up again for more support !! haha so any hoo what i'm saying is you will need to put the moby on you fairly snugly then it will keep her nice and supported and she shouldnt slip down.

I wouldnt reccomend the Baba sling as i didnt get on with it and she never really felt safe in it

i wouldnt leave her in it any more than a couple of hours at a time for now, just to make sure she doesnt overheat and so she gets chance to have a stretch etc etc

HTH's

sara

xxxxxxxx

actually just reading your post....what hold are you using with the moby???

We've tried the cradle and the newborn hug hold. The cradle was ok but I think it was tighter then... still had a small bit of fabric that kept flopping over her face though, but it was a first attempt.

I know it's not popular on here but I didn't mind the Babasling, but it's a little hard on my back and I prefer the positioning from using a wrap (or I would if I could get it sussed!). I swear these things are too complicated for me!

I used a kari-me which is another wrap sling like the moby.. You need to tie it fairly tightly - it's the weight of the baby that creates the pouch that they sit in with a stretchy wrap sling rather than you needing to leave enough slack in the material to do it iykwim!

Jocelyn loved being in it too, we moved on to a mei-tai equivalent when she was 11 months and that was good too but we didn't get on with it until she was much older, the wrap sling was definitely the best until she was over 10 months!

My staple for wrapping had always been forward cross carry! even since she was tiny! (as in pic <-- ) unless your breastfeeding I'd say try that one out! they are upright, but its very comfortable and difficult to get wrong as its a very secure hold :)

Blergh! I just sold my babasling... even OH hated it and I only bought it for him! my advice is to sell it on ebay and put the money towards a nice woven.... Mmmmmmm ;) x

My staple for wrapping had always been forward cross carry! even since she was tiny! (as in pic <-- ) unless your breastfeeding I'd say try that one out! they are upright, but its very comfortable and difficult to get wrong as its a very secure hold :)

Blergh! I just sold my babasling... even OH hated it and I only bought it for him! my advice is to sell it on ebay and put the money towards a nice woven.... Mmmmmmm ;) x

:haha: that didn't last long with your OH!!!

FunkyClaire - check out you tube for some really good instructional videos for different wraps! Once you get the hang of the moby my money is on you not using the babasling again. :winkwink:
Personnally my LO can be in his for hours if we have to go out somewhere. but he loves it and its the only way i can get him to nap.

Tell me about it!

Babasling = Not a happy bunny

Bad times :rofl:

https://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f109/mushroompixie/SDC11843.jpg​

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member