Babywearing to get newborn to sleep

Lillylemon

Mum to 1 little boy :-)
Reaction score
Hi girls,

My little boy is 7 weeks old :) He is the most adorable little thing, very happy at times but at others just cries and cries. We have to bounce him to sleep and we're co-sleeping as he pretty much won't go in his basket or crib. The only way I can get him to properly sleep in the day is to put him in my sling - then he'll go for a few hours.

Do you think this will damage my chances of getting him to sleep anywhere else? Or should I just go with this at the moment as it's working for us? I love having him in the sling and I'm breastfeeding too so he generally likes to be close to me.

x

I had to feed my daughter to sleep all the time and we co slept and she moved out no problems :thumbup:
Youngest DD wont even co sleep so far will only sleep on me :dohh:

This is the only way mine naps during the day. I just do my chores while she's dropping off to sleep/sleeping. We are having sometimes success the last few weeks with putting her in her own space (cot up against our bed) at night (at least until the 3am feed, then back in our bed she goes), so maybe someday soon she'll be able to nap alone.

the only way Lyrik will sleep is it she is in her wrap or in bed with me.
I always use the wrap to sleep.
but She is only 11 weeks so when she is 4 months I might try to start to put her in her bed for naps but right now it works for us.

James was like this and everyone says to me it's why he's so content. It's natural for a baby to want to be close to their mums.

We made the transition to the cot at 6 months, that worked for us. I had to teach him to settle I used the baby sleep system as it was a no cry and we made the transition smoothly xx

IJP mostly falls asleep on either me or Boyo, if we get her at the right time, we can get her to lay in her crib in the day and we can get on with some housework etc. At night time, she will go in her moses basket next to our bed but after she wakes for her first feed, she won't go back in so stays in our bed.

It works for us, we are led by her as to where she wants to be and as she is 5 weeks old, we aren't worrying about her being clingy etc and will start trying to get into more of a routine when she tells us she is ready for it xxx

I did this with Daphne until around 4 months and then I would feed her to sleep on a mattress on the floor. Don't worry about him sleeping on his own for now, it will come when he is ready.

I did this a lot too, that and having him in his swing for naps...now he has pretty much all his naps in his cot. I still use a wrap as a failsafe method if he's really struggling but that's usually more if we're out as he won't often nap in his buggy.

Don't worry about it...apparently they don't even start forming sleep associations til about 4-6 months anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->