Babywearing toddler whilst pregnant

Snoopee

Reaction score
Just after some reassurance really.
Just found out I'm pregnant again. Only very early days, 4 weeks at the most. Am I still ok to carry my toddler whilst it's still comfortable to do so? She is 20 months old and we use a Boba 4g. I don't use it as much nowadays as I used to but still find it very useful if we're going to a crowded place like our Xmas light switch on where I was planning on using it next week. I know I'm probably being overly cautious but you know what it's like in the first tri! Tia

I've been babywearing throughout pregnancy, and yes, it's fine to do so as long as it's comfortable and you're not on any sort of bed rest. With a SSC like the Boba, it's usually more comfortable earlier on with the strap over your bump (not on it) and underneath later on. I didn't like anything touching my uterus early on so I used a wrap though.

Thank you. This has made me feel better. We used it tonight and it was fine. I do have a moby wrap but couldn't carry my toddler in it as I get lower back pain so find a SSC more comfortable. Thanks again for the advice x

I found ssc to be uncomfortable early on until my bump got big enough to keep the strap from riding up onto it. I never wore it above my bump, but I had a lot of success wearing with a ring sling during my pregnancy, and it's been really useful for nursing the newborn/young baby while wearing because I just don't find it easy to nurse in a ssc.

I found ssc to be uncomfortable early on until my bump got big enough to keep the strap from riding up onto it. I never wore it above my bump, but I had a lot of success wearing with a ring sling during my pregnancy, and it's been really useful for nursing the newborn/young baby while wearing because I just don't find it easy to nurse in a ssc.

Thanks. I really want to get a ring sling for when the baby comes. But I think my husband would probably throw me out if I suggested bringing another carrier/wrap/sling into the house! That's one of the reasons I got the Boba 4g though. It's got a buckle on the side which is supposed to make nursing in it easier. Haven't tried it with a newborn though so only time will tell. x

Thanks. I really want to get a ring sling for when the baby comes. But I think my husband would probably throw me out if I suggested bringing another carrier/wrap/sling into the house! That's one of the reasons I got the Boba 4g though. It's got a buckle on the side which is supposed to make nursing in it easier. Haven't tried it with a newborn though so only time will tell. x

Yeah the ergo is the one we have. The boba's def more comf for wearing newborns, I imagine probably easier to nurse them in, too.

I wear my toddler and have no issues. I only liked the strap high until about 8 weeks, I am 14 weeks now and definitely prefer the strap low on my hips, lower than I wore it pre pregnancy. I have the Boba 3g.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->