Babywearing!

fantastica

Mum.
Reaction score
Not been in here before...but figured it's the best place to ask!

Am I too late to start babywearing?! Don't know if I could physically carry him ALL the time...but he gets so fed up being in a pram..and it just seems as though it would be a lot more practical when going for walks etc. Really wanted to get a carrier months ago...but OH said he'd sort it and I was being stubborn so it's come back to bite me and we missed out :(

He's a pretty big baby...not had him weighed in a while..but at 4months (ish) he was just under 19lbs.

If it's not too late..what carrier would be best? Which positions etc?!

:)

i'd say your best bet would probs be a Baby Hawk..they are great hun and you can design your own colours etc :)

I agree, maybe at his age even just do the toddler hawk now depending on how big he is. You can put him on your front or back, I really like Hayden on my back still and he's over 2 and 26lbs or so

doesnt have to be a babyhawk chick there are many great types of mei tai's :)
you could try a Kozy... their quite nice
i love mei tais :D google natural mamas they have a forum full of information about carriers and the different types and they have a for sale or trade thread too

Aimees 5 months and loves being worn :)

Harry is 14 months (although a little dot!!) and we still love babywearing xx

doesnt have to be a babyhawk chick there are many great types of mei tai's :)
you could try a Kozy... their quite nice
i love mei tais :D google natural mamas they have a forum full of information about carriers and the different types and they have a for sale or trade thread too

Aimees 5 months and loves being worn :)

^^ WSS. I love my mei tei (a custom job from mei tai baby) for my 9.5 month old and Natural Mamas forum is a great resource for baby wearing :thumbup:

You could do a Mei Tei type carrier, or an Ergo. I have a 2 1/2 year old that I carry occassionally and we use a Munchkin Jellybean sling for that.

Yup, defo a mei tai of some sort (baby hawk or other). My LO is 6 months, 25 lbs and does great in it. I plan on it taking me into his toddler years. :thumbup:

Never too late!! :happydance:

sorry not been on in a few days! Thank you fr all the replies!

just looked on the babyhawk website and they look great! are they all pretty much the same?? and are they easy enough to use?

Yeah Mei Tais are very easy to use, loads of great choice too. It's a good idea to buy second hand as they often look like new and are a lot cheaper. I also highly recommend the FSOT section of the natural mamas forum. :)

theres a lady at cloth nappy tree selling one, kiko smoke design, tis lurvely lol

I now can't decide between connecta and babyhawk...any ideas??

Just want to order one!!!! They look great :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->