Back at it...and over 35!

Stephers35

Reaction score
After our one year anniversary, DH (37) and I (35) started ttc #1! You can all imagine the excitement of finally feeling ready to try for a family. Got a BFP on the first try (this can't be?) and made it to 7wks 2 days. Miscarried at that point and found out that I had abnormal cells and ended up having a LEEP. Worst experience in my short 35 years thus far. It's now been two months and we are gearing up to try again. I used the OPK the first time and it worked beautifully, so I'll be going that route again.

I'm scared. Looking back, I'm glad that I was able to be treated and started on the road to better health, but I now have more worries than ever and this no longer feels like a fun and hopeful time. The what-ifs have lodged themselves deep in my brain and seem to become whack-a-moles when I see my beautiful neice and handsome nephews.

My plan is to keep trying and not test until I actually miss AF; anyone have success with the waiting? Patience is not even on my list of personality traits. I'm choosing to believe that it is absolutely going to happen and deny that it may not and hoping that I don't end up with a giant broken heart. I suppose if I calculate how long it took to find the right man, waiting for that BFP won't seem like any time at all! Right? On we go...

Good luck and keep a positive attitude...

I don't think you'll have to wait too long since you got a BFP on attempt #1. I used to have no problem waiting to test until AF was missed (which always seemed to come right on time). I only used 1 pregnancy test in 2 years. I thought the longer I could be hopeful, the better. The last few months though, my patience has left me and I test with early response 5 days before AF, mainly so I can have a glass of guilt-free wine and gear up for the next month. It depends on you and how long you can wait. I'm 35 too and it seems late in the game compared to friends and family but in reality, we have plenty of time. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->