back in hospital!!

freddiesmum

mummy of two
Reaction score
Well we made it home for a month and day!! 48hrs ago fred just didnt seem himself, he wasnt feeding as much, was sleeping loads and generallly just couldnt be bothard!! I gave him the benefit of the doubt as my 3yr old has been the same, but when he didnt pick up yesterday morning and hadnt woken for his night feed i booked him to see the gp!! She took one look at him, didnt even pull out her stethascope and said she was phoning the hospital, she then put the phone down on the hospital, said she would call a ambulance, started shouting for her resus gear whilst constantly telling me he ws absolutly fine??? Ummmmm clearly not!! So 36 hrs later we are on childrens hdu, had septic screen, lumber puncture, vent threat, gases and the threat of a ng tube!! All bloods r fine, it points to a viral infection but we cant go home till at least monday cz no one will discharge us over the weekend!!! And my poor boy had to have his head shaved so they could shove a canula in his head!!! (*_*) im doing ok, but my partner just left and i couldve cried, it brings bk so many memorys i was tryin to forget!!!

So sorry dear that this is bringing back old memories. I pray for a quick recovery for freddie! You are in my thoughts. x

Oh that must have been so scary for you, he is in the best place, I am sure they will get him well in no time. It's horrible being on your own at a time that is so stressful and worrying - our hospital only lets one parent stay on the children's ward overnight. Wishing you lots of strength, you will be back at home with your LO before you know it x

We could both stay here but my oh chose not to!! Im
tierd of begging as he thinks im over reacting and being a drama queen, infact no1 seems to understand how scary this whole thing is, i wouldnt change freddie for the world but is certainly changes a person!! He was doing so well before this, im hoping a few days recoup and he'll b bk on full fom X love to you all X

I'm so so sorry to hear this!!! :( We spent only a day in hospital back in March when Leo had sickness.. but I felt like I was suffocating. The beeping of the machines was echo'ing through my body (sounds dramatic but it's the only way I can explain) I get it.. I really hope he picks up enough to go home on Monday.. what a scary time for you. Thinking of you and Freddie xxx

Maybe being back at the hospital is too much for him? I don't think you're over reacting, even though you know that he will be fine, it's not easy to see your LO unwell, and needing hospital treatment, I'm sure he won't be in for long :hugs:

Its the whole recording of his feeds and the bloody bleeping of his sats monitor and the canula in his head, its like goin back 3months only hes a big baby now, he shouldnt be here!! And the kids here are KIDS we are on chdu for respiritory so most of them are on trachs and vents and its so so sad to see and theyre screaming in pain!! Hes the youngest here and hes been put in isolation 'for his own safety' !! I just want to scoop him up and take him home!!

Oh bless him, it sounds like you might be on the same ward as Leo's little friend Bobby. Never doubt how strong you've become!!! I know it probably doesn't feel like it xx

I saw the article u posted about bobby on fb a few weeks ago and mentioned him today, hes on this ward. Was leo in nicu with him? X

They were only in the same room for 1 day (ICU when Leo was naughty and got kicked out of the general lol) but we had a mutual friend. Leo's visited Bobby on the ward before though.

I'm so sorry to hear you are back in the hospital, that must have been so scary for you and I completely understand how hard it must be being back there. I pray that Freddie makes a speedy recovery. xx

Hey,

Glad Freddie is getting back to his old self, not long till you will be home and you can get some sleep.

I know what you mean about the partners not saying, when the doctors told us to take harry to the hospital on friday, my husband CHOSE to go to work rather then come with us, with all 24 of harry's admissions, he hasnt come once :( but thats a different story for a different time.

Look forward to reading that you are both home xxxx

hey everyone. thanks for all your wishes and thoughts. we came home yesterday afternoon after four long nites. freddies ok, they suspected meningitus but his lP came bk clear, i suspect he was serverly dehydrated!
i have become so paranoid since weve been bk, if a babies soft spot was "bulging" would you be able to see it without btouching the babies head?
hope everyone and their LOs are well and good xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->