Back in 'sposies :(

kiwimama

Soon to be family of 4!
Reaction score
Well we've resorted back to disposables for the last few days. Ella has an awful nappy rash that doesn't seem to be getting better. I was so reluctant to put her back in sposies as I know the chemicals aren't going to do her bum any good. I've just stripped the nappies and hoping that is all it is but I'm not sure. Her bum was sooo good awhile back, any rash she used to get had totally disappeared but now it's back and worse than ever. I think it might be to do with the nappies we use at night. We use a fitted nappy and in the morning it is absolutely saturated along with her bum being really wet too.
I'm just disappointed - it was going so well. Now I feel terrible because her bum just looks so red and raw. :cry:

Have you tried using a fleece liner at night it keeps bums dry?

no i haven't heard of such a thing - it sounds like just what we need! Thanks!

I would also say try washing her bum with plain water in the mornings - as in a proper bath/shower, cos even using really wet wipes sometimes there might be a little bit of wee on the skin which will upset it more.

Then after the bath and she is dry - let her mooch around with no nappy for as long as possible - air really is the best thing! Then the next best thing is change the bum about a million times a day!
It should soon clear up
x

I'd also try stripping your nappies as you may have a powder buildup that's causing the rash. A good spring clean often sorts it out!

I agree get a nice long fleece liner that covers all her bum area, itll keep her bum completely ry as it lets the moisture through but stays dry itself!

Also try instead of wipes using reusable wipes for a little bit using camomile tea, great for nappy rash!

x

I agree that air and water are definitely the best thing.
Fleece liners work a treat (you could even double up with two liners), and I'd definitely steer clear of baby wipes for a while.

Metanium is a miracle cure, but stains like anything. You may be able to get it online??xx
xxxx

A friend in my mothers group recommended using sorbolene cream and cotton wool to clean and wipe more gently.

She used that and Bethampen (?sp) as she is allergic to anything with zinc in it.

We are also having this issue. I'm currently doing a strip wash> Been using the tots bots potion to wash with and think this is the culprit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->