Back pain at night

RebeccaR19

Reaction score
What are some of the things you are doing to alleviate back pain at night if you have it?

I find the pull of my belly against my back starts creating pain after about 5-6 hours of sleep. I can switch sides and it doesn't make it better. I used to wedge a pillow under my belly that helped. But now, it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I spent most of last night with my back pushed up against my husband for extra support. I had actually kind of wished I had a wall. Sometimes, I'm tempted to wrap my belly up in something (not even quite sure what lol) to see if that causes the pulling on my back to stop.

I know the pain you mean I built myself a nest off pillows plus one length ways between my legs ! It helped but never properly went even now and I've had my daughter ten weeks ago I still get the same pain in bed xxx

I totally know the feeling.
The only thing that brings some slight temporary relief for me is to bring my knees up to my chest as much as I can with bump in the way, other than that I just toss and turn.
If you find any solutions please let me know!

Oh yeah, I've brought my knees up too! It does bring a little bit of relief, but doesn't seem to last for some reason. I will let you know if I come up with something else. :)

Ugh. I'm there with you. My grandma just told me she had back pain with all 7 pregnancies... so probably no hope there. Lol

I use a super long pillow that I can bring up behind for back support as well as front. I still toss and turn, but it helps. I also try to stretch my sciatic during the day, which seems to help.

I have the same problem, after just a few hours of sleep. I use various pillows and my husband for back support, too. That's about all. :(

I've had the same problem . I found the mattress to be too hard for my hips and back so I bought a mattress topper which has made a huge difference. You could try sleeping on a duvet and gathering it for extra support where needed.

I've had about two hours sleep. If it's not my back, it's my bump that hurts. Or my legs, or I've got acid reflux. I actually find sleeping on the sofa more comfortable. Managed to get a good hours sleep that way. I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over now I am miserable!

I put a pillow in between my legs, that seems to help me a bit.

I moved my bed against the wall and put a pillow behind it. It's lovely!

I also like to sleep on the couch because of the back support.

Some women do better on the couch. I've found that the combination of a mattress topper, Snoogle and a wedge pillow is best. And even though I'm usually a two pillow sleeper, I can only use the Snoogle under my head now. If I try to add another pillow it throws everything out of alignment and my back starts to hurt. It's kind of an expensive solution, but with two months left, it might be worth it if you can swing it. If not, take a look at the Snoogle online and see if you can kind of recreate the effect with pillows.

I have found that alignment does make a difference. I will probably check out the snoogle because I've been finding that if I just adjust the pillows under my head the right way, it helps a ton.

I've had some relief the past 2 nights. I'm not sure if it's how I've managed to arrange my pillows or what! But I appreciate all of the input! I would push my bed against the wall, but I don't have a flush wall in my room to do that with. Oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->