Back pain on one side?

DoodleDoo

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've not pulled anything as it comes and goes, but since about 12pm today I've had awful back pain on the right side of my lower back. It came on whilst I was sitting down quite slowly, almost like a period pain and it kind of extends into my hip. I'm at a total loss. It's so painful I can't do anything but sit and cry :( It will go away for a little and then it's back again. I can walk around still and it's not affected by movement in any way, it's either there or it's not.

I'm worried it could be a kidney infection or something? Has anyone got any experience with this?

I have three bulging disks in my low back and the pain feels much like you are discribing. (sometimes worse sometimes better but never gone) How did I hurt it you ask? I sneezed... SO it stands to reason that sitting slowly with a baby in you could do something like that. BUT you should go see your doctor just to rule out kidney infection, it is just a urin test and then you will know :)

I had horrible pain in my back near my left kidney (and once on my right) about 7-8 times in the second trimester. I chalked it up eventually to the baby pushing on my kidney and blocking it temporarily. The pain was the worst I've experienced in my life so far (I'm sure birth will top it, but barely), I threw up the first time it was so bad, but it always went away on its own after 10-40 minutes. Never lasted long enough to even get halfway to the hospital while it was happening. I told my Dr and she wasn't sure what it was, but my urine samples always came up fine and I never had any other signs of kidney problems, so she wasn't concerned.

I would definitely mention it to your Dr. My plan was that if it lasted more than 20-30 minutes with no signs of easing up that I would go to the hospital just in case. It never got to that point for me, thankfully, but that's what I would recommend doing if it gets to that point. It could go away en-route, or they'll be able to see what's going on when you get there.

I have that too...planning to mention it to my dr. I have a prolapsed disc that sometimes hurts on the same side, but then I also wonder if baby is putting pressure on my kidneys. It does feel like I still need to pee a lot but not really peeing much each time so wondered if it could be a uti as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->