Back to back baby

xsadiex

Reaction score
My baby has been back to back for the last 3 weeks now!
How likely is it that he'll turn in labour?
I'm having a home birth and he's my first, I'm a bit scared it's going to make labour harder and longer from what I've read online. Anyone got any positive words? x

BABIES MOVE!!

They move all the time, DS1 OP the entire time, DS2 OA until transition then turned OP then turned for birth and did an extra spin on the way out! Little bugger.

Dont be discouraged babies come out in all directions, we know what is ideal but thast isnt gospel...look at www.spinningbabies.com for ideas to encourage movement.

Also read these...

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/20...ior-baby-holding-doctors-hand-while-emerging/

https://birthwithoutfearblog.com/2011/06/04/face-presentation-vaginal-birth/

The above poster is absolutely right...try optimal foetal positioning from now....no more sitting on the coach lots of forward leaning and get on all fours dropping your shoulders to the floor....my first was op from 38 weeks and only turned partly during labour....don't let a posterior baby put you off tho hun...xx

Some babies NEED to enter the pelvis in a posterior position. Trust your body and baby to work it out ;)

Usually if baby is in a certain position, there is a good reason for it ;)
Withh that said, 50% of all labors either start or have some part of it with LO back to back. However only 5% are actually born face up. So i would say you have a good chance of the baby moving :flower:

I would check out www.spinningbabies.com and do lots of hands and knees :)

Also dont be fearful of birthing a posterior! Idid it 100% unmedicated and intervention free! Water will be your best friend and counter pressure is amazing! It CAN be done! My birth story of my posterior baby is in my siggy :thumbup:

Thanks guys, making me feel a bit more confident! I've got a birth pool and if it's a back labour OH said he'll do lots of massaging I'm sure it will all turn out well.
Hurry up baby!!!! x

You are totally ready to rock it mama! :bodyb:
you'll do fine, i know it :D

you know what i liked....get those therma care heat wraps (for around the back). But make sure you buy at least 2! i need two to fit around my bump, but that was nice during transition....you could also get a heating pad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->