Back to the darkened room

NDH

5 on earth, 9 in heaven, 1 in utero
Reaction score
In came upon this amazing analogy of birth excerpted in a book I am reading called Ten Moons, and I found the rest of the article by the original midwife who authored the analogy. It is probably the best thi ng I have read about homebirth and I thought others here would enjoy reading it, whether you're planning a home birth or a natural hospital birth.

https://www.pregnancy.com.au/resour...he-laboratory-back-to-the-darkened-room.shtml

Good article Natalie! Dh and I have been reading dr Bradley's husband coached birthing and a lot of what this article touched on is what dr Bradley also emphasizes, it's been a great book for both of us, I know part of it is because he is older this time around but he has never been so interested/excited about me going into labour and getting to help me, he has already been such an encouragement!

Good article, quite well worded. Makes me really sad honestly. My heart goes out to all the women out there terrified of childbirth because of the hospital birth phenomenon.

Particularly appreciate this quote:

"Midwives need to be honest with women about the risks of going into hospital, which may include: a one in four chance of having a caesarean section; a one in three chance of having some kind of instrumental delivery; a one in ten chance of acquiring a hospital-born infection – and no improved outcome for mother or baby."

Wow! I have always thought that I might like a home birth but always been too frightened to even consider it. That article has completely opened my eyes to the theory that I already knew to be true.
I will definitely be considering a home birth now :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->