Back to work anxiety and stress

prettyunicorn

Reaction score
So I have decided to return to work at 6 months pp. Though we had started our breastfeeding journey with expressed milk due to latch issues, we ditched the bottles at around 2 week mark. Now lo refuses to have anything to do with a bottle!
Till we can figure out an alternate solution I will be working around his schedule. Starting with a few hours per week. I want to continue breastfeeding :)
Tomorrow is my first day back to work and I am so jittery and restless. In fact i believe lo can sense it too.
I am concerned about the work stress affecting our breastfeeding bond. I know it's only a few hours... I have heard friends telling stories about decreasing milk supply due to stress. And my freezer stash is of no use as lo is not taking the bottle...
Any advice.
I just need some reassurance that it will all work out.

I'm not sure about the bottle thing... My lo doesn't care where her food comes from as long as she's fed! I think stress and supply issues are different for everyone. I went back to work full time last month when lo was 12 weeks. I've been stressed beyond belief about leaving her, but it has not affected my supply. It hasn't hurt our breastfeeding bond either. She likes bottles fine, but still prefers me, especially at bed time.

Thanks farmmom.
I guess it went OK today. Lo was very hungry when I got back and has been feeding off and on since then along with lot of comfort sucking. We were both so excited to see each other... it was funny :)
Hopefully the anxiety will ease with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->