Back to work..

goldlion

Mommy
Reaction score
I just started working again last night at our local bar... I never knew I'd miss her that much! Any other mommy's go back to work yet? Does it get easier?

Your back early - well done you :D

I start back Tuesday *sigh*

Im working abot 12 hours a week. Some days seem easier then others. then there are days that I call 6 times in 4 hours.

I was working part time, but the have made me redundant as they are closing the department that i was working in, and he thing that sucks the most is that i handt beenthere a year so they didnt have to pay me anything for being made redundant :(

And the travel agency didnt ring me back about an apprenticeshp to learn how to work there...so now im having to look for yet another job *sigh*

But on the topic, yes it does get easier, I started there when Al was round about 3 months and I rung my gran a million times a day just to check up on stupid little things, but after afew weeks it got easier and i was only ringing about 3 times a day haha =P

xx

Been back to work for 3 weeks. Lucky me I can take DD for a few hours, and I work about a block from home :)

It is hard going back though.

Been back to work for 3 weeks. Lucky me I can take DD for a few hours, and I work about a block from home :)

It is hard going back though.

Wow, you didn't have much time off after having your bubba - is that how it is in the US? I'm lucky in that Im having 9 months off, not due to start back until Jan 09

that must be hard that you don't have much time with your babies. how do u cope??

Wow, you didn't have much time off after having your bubba - is that how it is in the US? I'm lucky in that Im having 9 months off, not due to start back until Jan 09

US mama's normally get around 6 weeks (some paid if they have vacation time built up), then there is family medical leave which is without pay but insures your position is there waiting for you when you get back. There's some hoops to jump through (your employer has to be big enough before they have to provide the family medical leave).

I work for a very small company. It is very flexible, and as I said about a block from home. I go in when I want, leave when I want... I've worked there for about 10 years, so there is a bit of loyalty there too. It's like family. Plus, I'm afraid I'd get bored sitting home all day lol... and LO can come with me (in fact my boss wishes I'd bring her MORE). :dohh:

This is not the norm, and I've been very blessed to have this job.

thats good hun margerle least your company understands

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->