backache...

L

Laura--x

Normally when i get backache it is always in the top of my back, havn't had it low down since i was about 4/5 months preg.

Recently the past few days ive been getting it lower down, and with the period cramps thought labor was about to start but then it would stop as usual.

Today it's been different though, the pain will start in the middle of my back then work it's way down lower and then go. Im getting tightenings along with this but they arn't painful, maybe accompanied by mild cramps again but sometimes that mild i can't even feel it!

Is that what contractions feel like? Or is it a constant ache in your lower back?

Not getting my hopes up again or anything, im just curious.

They say you 'know' when you are having labour contractions rather than braxton hicks, if you are quite unsure then they are more than likely BH, Labour ones are a lot sharper and are likely to stop you in your tracks specially when they reach a level that make full labour likely to follow. Ive read today to ignore as many contractions as you can at the beginning which is good advice as its such hard work travelling the emotional roller coaster of thinking your in labour every 5 mins! xxx

I'm almost 100% sure that I am in the early stages of labour myself. My lower back is sore, my legs are sore and I keep getting uterine contractions that differ from when I was getting Bh contractions. Not to mention the increasing pelvic/buttocks pressure and frequent runs to the bathroom to relief my bladder a little bit.

The contractions are not painful yet, so I'm just riding the roller coaster. I read that early stages of labour can last for days, even weeks. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

Some women experience constant back pain, some don't. Every labour is different. Ring your MW/doctor and see what they say hun.

hmmm hard one.. i am going through some of the same stuff.. ask doc.. thats what i always say i know lol. but they are great.. or call hospital.. i always bug them heehee. :).. keep updated. sending luv ur way.

Any progress hun?

I had 4 nights last week of BH, all of which were in my lower back and belly too - think it can just be BH getting stronger the further on we get.

But saying that, everywhere I keep reading says that a contraction starts in the back first and will make it's way round to the front.

How is it going hun, Im really hoping this is it for you, thinking of you, take care :hugs: XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->