backache! :(

elishaty

mummy x2 & preg twin boys
Reaction score
hiya ladies, anyone recently suffered or is suffering from terrible backache?? other than long baths i cant think of anything else...

well im 21weeks now with the twin boys and my back has been killing me since last night. to be fair i did paint the bathroom while my partner was at work (i know im a bad girl lol) 2days ago so hopefully its only just caught up with me but my god its hurting now. ive managed to get a midwife appointment for tomorrow morning, my surgery is a nightmare for appointments.

any ideas on anything that may help??

thanks xx

i get back ache quite alot, like a dull ache :(
I have a hot bath and then put a hot water bottle against my back when i sit down and it normally eases it!!

yeah i posted a post about it a few days ago, its really low down on my back & it kills really bad

xxx

When mine aches I try the back exercise that I've seen mentioned in a few books - you get down on all fours and tuck your head in towards your boobs while arching your back towards the ceiling, then you do the opposite and point your head up to the ceiling while arching your back the other way - if that makes sense?

il struggle with that one i have no boobs :D il give that a go tho and the hot water bottle one, cant believe i didnt think of that, im either forgetting things or im a dumb as a nail!

I've got the same problem, backache starts at about 2pm. But I'm a receptionist and am sitting at a desk all day.

I've been having severe back aches lately -- strangely, it's the middle of my back and not way down low. I still have posterior pelvic pain (back of my hips hurts) but the muscular backaches are putting that to shame.

I find having my hubby massage the muscles by rolling a ball back and forth across them really helps. Warm baths, heating pad and changing positions sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. I'm having trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep these days, it's that bad; I don't envy you carrying twins -- take it easy, and no more painting!

When mine aches I try the back exercise that I've seen mentioned in a few books - you get down on all fours and tuck your head in towards your boobs while arching your back towards the ceiling, then you do the opposite and point your head up to the ceiling while arching your back the other way - if that makes sense?

ooh my yoga book says not to arch your back? it says you are supposed to arch it up (like a cat stretching) but then bring it back to flat without straining your neck back and sagging downward. I can check out why if you are interested.

The pose is called the cat.

i do find gentle yoga stretches help, but Ihave to be really careful with my hips and twisting and such. Pain low down can sometimes be hip pain and I have a lot of problems with my SI joint.

ooh my yoga book says not to arch your back? it says you are supposed to arch it up (like a cat stretching) but then bring it back to flat without straining your neck back and sagging downward. I can check out why if you are interested.

Goodness, perhaps I've been doing it wrong all this time - but it's definitely what I was told to do. Yet another instance of different information depending on where you look!

Goodness, perhaps I've been doing it wrong all this time - but it's definitely what I was told to do. Yet another instance of different information depending on where you look![/QUOTE]

I checked in yoga for pregnancy and what to expect when you are expecting and they both say not to let the back sag. Neither say why! (my understanding of it pre pregnancy was you did it your way) I guess it would be something to do with the weight of the bump causing strain? Sorry I can't be more help!x

i just came back from my midwife and she's referring me to a physio for a "back belt" whatever that is lol i assume some kind of belt? she said it has alot to do about posture and the weight of the baby (2 in my case) putting a strain on the front u dont even realise ur posture is slightly off which causes the ache.... i think i suggest u also see ur midwifes and maybe theyr referr u to a physio to? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->