Backache

L Elise

Reaction score
Not quite the right forum, I know - but I can't find a 'natural pregnancy' type forum, please bear with me.

I'm just hitting six months :thumbup: and I'm enjoying the whole preggers thang! :thumbup: I'm only *just* starting to get a bump - put it this way; people are no longer scared that baby may actually be doughnuts!! :happydance: But that's only in the past week. :haha: I guess I've just 'popped' in a oner really. All good. Not a problem.

With the big shift I'm getting backache that wakens me from my sleep and I'm *sure* I've got wee feet under my ribs (the first kick in the lungs makes you jump, doesn't it?? :) )

Chamomile Tea is doing wonders for the heartburn/acid reflux etc. Any suggestions for the backache? Bar the warm bath, warm hot water bottle etc. of course. :)

Thanks in advance! :flower:

I am so there as well. My back hurt so bad last night in one spot, my DH had to help me to the toilet. I couldn't put weight on my left leg as the pain would just shoot all the way down. Damn you cyatic nerve!!!

have you got a birth ball? does wonders for my back... just sitting on it when I get home from work is ace (says she, currently slumped on a sofa!!).

Also, have you had a recent bra fitting? getting a new ra can help too...

I also spent 3 hours detailing my car, and 4 hours upholstering a chair yesterday. Could be why my back was so not happy.

I didn't even think of using the ball - thank you! :haha:

I've found myself rocking on all fours before now trying to get the baby 'out of my back'. (That's what it feels like - like s/he's sitting on all the nerves at the bottom of my back and across my hips.) This (surprisingly) seems to help, but it's not practical at 4am when OH is trying to sleep! :haha: That and *I* can't sleep like that! :haha:

I'll try the ball, thanks. :flower: Anyone got any sleep orientated solutions? Am trying to stick to my left propped up with pillows but am seriously considering trying a new mattress too!! :haha:

put a folded duvet on top of your mattress and a thick pillow between your knees and a smaller one or wedge under your bump it should help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->