bacterial vaginosis?

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
I made the mistake of quickly looking at bacterial vaginosis on evil Google and now I'm freaking out about complications.

I've been irritated down below and having cramps/pains after developing a yeast infection after a course of antibiotics for a terrible sinus infection. My midwife did a swab and the yeast is cleared but I have BV!

Baby's okay, right? She prescribed medication that I'm waiting for the pharmacy to fill but I'm so nervous of what I read of second tri mc or preterm labor.

It'll only cause a problem if it's not caught/treated. Don't worry :)

Thank you for your reply :) I'm grateful that it was caught before causing problem!

U will b fine don't worry at least u getting it treated :)

I had BV in my first pregnancy which was treated with antibiotics. The symptoms went but I was never swabbed again to check it had cleared. I had my son at 32 weeks and am consultant led this time around, my consultant suspects the antibiotics may not have completely cleared mine and that's why I had my son prematurely so this time around I'm getting swabs 4 weekly.
I'm not trying to scare you, if the antibiotics clear it you are absolutely fine and baby won't be hurt. But perhaps ask for repeat swabs after your course to make sure it's cleared. X

I had BV in my first pregnancy which was treated with antibiotics. The symptoms went but I was never swabbed again to check it had cleared. I had my son at 32 weeks and am consultant led this time around, my consultant suspects the antibiotics may not have completely cleared mine and that's why I had my son prematurely so this time around I'm getting swabs 4 weekly.
I'm not trying to scare you, if the antibiotics clear it you are absolutely fine and baby won't be hurt. But perhaps ask for repeat swabs after your course to make sure it's cleared. X

Good to know! The timing is perfect, my last day of antibiotics is when my next appointment is so I'll request they swab again to see if it's cleared.

It's all right. It's usually fine even if not caught. During/after treatment (or right now!), start taking probiotics and raw garlic (1 clove, or a garlic supplement) daily. It will help to keep the vaginitis as well as yeast away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->