Bad abdominal pains.. 13 weeks

pumpkin90

Reaction score
I have been having really bad abdominal cramping for the past couple days. It feels like period cramps and doesn't really go away. No bleeding, and I can still hear baby with doppler. Just stretching pains? I'm a FTM so I don't know what's normal and when to be concerned

Mild cramping is totally normal as it's typically the uterus stretching and growing. But if you're having really bad cramping I would head to the hospital (depending on where you live) and request a scan to be sure everything is ok. Bad cramping isn't normal, at least in my opinion.

Mild cramping is totally normal as it's typically the uterus stretching and growing. But if you're having really bad cramping I would head to the hospital (depending on where you live) and request a scan to be sure everything is ok. Bad cramping isn't normal, at least in my opinion.

This.

There is a lot of stretching and you may have some round ligament pain (not really sure how early that starts though), but I would think bad cramping might be worth a call to the dr.

I know it's tmi, but are you constipated? When I was pregnant with DD (though this was around maybe week 7?), I got some bad cramps because I was so badly constipated.

It may just be normal stuff going on, but I still think it'd be worth a call to the dr just to be safe. If anything, for your peace of mind!

I would go to the dr just to be on the safe side, but it could be gas?

Thanks guys. Nah, not TMI. I would say yes to constipation and yes to gas( like all the time.. Haha) . The cramping feels like period cramps along my low pelvic area and lower back, and it's not excruciating, but it makes me rub my belly and I'm taking a bath to relieve some pain. No discharge or bleeding. I am not really under anyone's care yet.. I had been seeing my GP but she only covers up until 2nd prenatal visit ( and isn't too good to be honest) and I have a midwife that I haven't met yet. Meet her next Monday. I don't know what to do:/ I hope it's just normal stretching and gas and constipation all together

It could very well be a combination of those things! With DD, when I was very constipated, my cramping happened any time I'd walk. I'm sure it's different for everyone though.

Can you call the midwife's office and see if she can get you in sooner? If not, maybe they can refer you somewhere or might even be able to tell you it's all normal since there's no bleeding. Everything very well could be normal and just a result of constipation and gas.

I have definitely experienced some pretty horrific pains/cramps with both gas & constipation. Hopefully that's all it is :flower:

I drank lots of water and went to sleep and woke up and everything was gone. And then ended up using the washroom re the TMI above. Lol. And nothing else today. So I'm relieved! Thanks everyone :)

I drank lots of water and went to sleep and woke up and everything was gone. And then ended up using the washroom re the TMI above. Lol. And nothing else today. So I'm relieved! Thanks everyone :)

Glad you are feeling better! I was going to suggest perhaps you were dehydrated!

Also, drinking a hot tea/decaf coffee or even hot water helps keeps the bowels in motion, if you know what I mean ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->