Bad birth story :(

Y

youngmommy2

Monday the 5th I went into full blown labor and went to the hospital. They checked me and I was 3cm dilated and 100% effaced which was really good. While I was being checked my waters broke and they were meconium stained which scared me a bit but the doctor reassured me that the baby would be fine. The contractions started getting bad so I asked for an epidural. It all went down hill from there :cry: It took the anesthesiologist an hour to get it in properly and it was extremely painful the whole time. I laid down after it was placed and I don't remember anything until they gave me a shot to raise my blood pressure. Apparently I had passed out because my blood pressure dropped and I turned white and started puking. So I wake up and theres a ton of nurses in the room putting oxygen on me and turning me side to side and shaking my belly. The babys heart rate had disappeared :nope: I was rushed into the operating room and the baby was out in 10 minutes. He THANK GOD was fine and screaming his little head off. After they let me see him and took him to the nursery to be cleaned up. I was still on the table being stitched up and the epidural wore off. I was screaming in so much pain telling the doctors to stop and help me, but they basically ignored me and kept cleaning me out and stitching!! Finally after like 10 minutes of complete agony they gave me morphine and I fell asleep. I woke up in the recovery room and started crying. The lovely nurse gave me a hug and went to get me my baby. That was the best moment of my life. We had some skin to skin and he nursed for an hour. It's been amazing having him here.. I'm still a bit disturbed by the birth and my body is really hurting.. but he was so worth it..:cloud9:

heres some pics my dad took during the surgery.. enjoy!
Baby Eddie<3 8lbs15oz 21 inches long!

Attachments

• DSC02561.jpg
    DSC02561.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC02562.jpg
    DSC02562.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC02568.jpg
    DSC02568.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 37
so sorry for this for u, so scary :cry:

but hes here now ,and what a weight ! congrats x

:hugs: you've been such a brave woman, I'm glad he's ok. Congratulations on becoming a mummy!!
I'm sorry it was so scary for you. X

sorry things went that way but glad you and your LO are ok..:hugs:

Hoooooooly sh!t that sounds awful, Im sorry that happened to you. We arent to know these thing until after they happen. I bet that would have really traumatized you in a way no one else can understand. Glad you and baby are both OK now and you recover well :hugs:

I'm sorry for your experience. Feeling the pain during the surgery is my worst nightmare. Can't believe they ignored you!!

But what a cutie your little guy is! So pudgy! love it!

Your LO is gorgeous! Congratulations.
I had a very traumatic labour too and started to get the feeling back while they were stitching me up, and also stitching my tear and 4th degree episiotomy (I had failed forceps). But I had an amazing anesthetist who started to yell at the surgeon for not giving me some local. He was swearing at her because she refused (she didn't want to wait a few minutes for it to take effect), she finally gave in because he made it clear he would report her. I'm a nurse and totally horrified that patients are ignored like that.
Its hard getting over a traumatic labour, but focus on the fact that your LO is here and healthy. Congrats again :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->