Bad cold/flu and Breathing Difficulty?

shannonleigh

Reaction score
It started the other day with aches and pains and I just thought it was normal pregnancy pains, this morning it just hit me, I can hardly breath through my nose even if I constantly blow it, and I'm coughing so much I'm near enough throwing up, I feel like my throat is about to bleed from coughing so much, it feels tight, I'm tired and just want to sleep but when i attempt sleeping I wake up out of breath and finding it hard to get my breath back, any ideas on what I can do to feel better? :-( I hope this won't affect the pregnancy I'm only 4/5 weeks, every time I cough it pulls my pelvic muscles and hurts bad:(

Call your doc, they usually can recommend a cough syrup. Also, get a good humidifier! It honestly helps. Have you ever tried a netti pot? That is something that is safe during preg. I also have a bad cold and my doc did give me the ok for Benadryl, and some cough meds if I get a cough. Hot shower. Sorry you feel so crappy!!

thank you I'll give those a try and I'll call my doc tomorrow when it's open! I'm
probably overreacting but this is the last thing we need ontop of pregnancy symptoms! I hope you feel better soon too.

Oh I feel your pain! It sounds like what me and dh have acute bronchitis. Started like you now and i'm sitting here even more miserable (sorry that sounds so downer debbie lol). Fever and that shortness of breath ended up coming up as yucky phlegm....eeeeew!

Benadryl does help but also Mucinex helped break up the yucky stuff making me short of breath and move me on to the next phase. good luck and hoping this is the only creeping crud we get this season!

Horrible isn't it :( I just want to sleep but can't, if I don't get the season cold it's the stomach bug, can't win. Hope you're feeling better soon anyway!

I have it too :-( Nasty.

If you find something which helps let me know!

I had olbas oil on my pillow last night and it helped keep my nose clear enough to sleep.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->