Bad day and flutters?

LeahLou

Emilia+Brantley+Kyle
Reaction score
Today has been pretty awful. My dad told me he's angry that I'm pregnant again before being married (3 days away..) and my mom said she was sad. On top of that, my mom and OH's mom argue constantly and wedding stuff is getting too overwhelming.. Plus my symptoms are just so intense, it's hard to function.

But, I felt some light fluttering. I think its just my uterus getting used to being stretched out again, but it feels like when Emilia started jumping around in there. I know it's way too early since I'm not even 8 weeks yet, but it's fun to feel :)

Aw hun I'm sorry! I hate when people voice being upset/disappointed about pregnancy because it doesn't matter what they think at that point in terms of the outcome, like I mean you're obviously not going to have an abortion so the baby is going to be born anyway, so what is the point of them telling you they're upset? It's really selfish of someone to not be able to recognize that fact and to still want to voice their upset even when they know all that is going to accomplish is make you not feel good, it's not going to change the fact that you're pregnant. I say shame on them! My OH had a similar type of reaction, at first saying that I wanted to be pregnant (trying to blame it on me, even though I didn't want to get pregnant right now), then I pointed out it was an oversight on both of our parts and I wasn't going to have an abortion or give the baby up for adoption so none of his arguments about how it was the wrong time to bring a baby into the world, he didn't want a child, etc., were completely moot and didn't matter. I just told him, "Look, it's not like I can take the baby back to the baby store. I'm having this baby with or without you and I hope you're not going to be that guy that doesn't help at all." That sort of snapped him out of it. I think you should take the same tactic with your parents and turn it back around on them and say something like, "How dare you say that to me when you know it's not going to change the fact that this baby is coming! All that it's doing is making me upset when I already don't feel good and I have the stress of this wedding! You need to stop thinking of yourselves and your own emotions and realize this is bigger than you." That's what I'd say. I might not even talk to them I'd be so mad! Seriously, how dare they? I get really angry when I hear stories of people having bad reactions to pregnancy news because it's sort of like when someone knows you're not going to have an abortion but they keep saying negative stuff, WHAT are they trying to accomplish? Maybe just ask your parents that, what are they trying to accomplish? Are they trying to make you go back in time and not be pregnant? If you just get them to think about their own motivations, hopefully it will make them see that they're acting irrationally. It doesn't matter if they disagree with you morally on having children before getting married. Those are their morals, not yours, you're an adult, and you're already pregnant, so it's not like that is going to miraculously change because they say they don't like that you're pregnant, you know? I hope this helps you. Man, I would totally lose it on them if that was me in that situation lol, right or wrong, I would just turn it around on them like I did my OH because really, it doesn't make any logical sense for them to say that to you and they really should be ashamed of themselves. :growlmad: to them and :hugs: to you!

Yikes sounds like you have a full plate. I say try and block everyone out and focus on your special day.. It's going to go by so fast. No time for worrying about other people right now... Easier said than done, I know.. Here's to hoping for great weather and healthy vibes...gl

Thanks ladies.
I did kind of blow up. I mean.. I'm marrying the baby's father in 3 days.... Why does it matter? A lot of it has to do with their religion. They're disappointed that it couldn't have waited. WHATEVER GUYS! I already had a threatened mc so I'm ecstatic I'm having intense symptoms and a big bump/bloat! I'm NOT supposed to stress about it because that could damage baby! I agree that it's very heartless and selfish that they're worried about it to this extent. Especially right. before. our. wedding. Seriously? Ugh. Vent over!! Haha

Y'all are great!

Ha! That's the spirit! Yes, you are right, worrying/stressing too much could damage the baby so you're so right to put the baby's health first and not stress over them! They're honestly not worth it. And think of it this way, once that baby comes, whether they disapproved of when it was conceived or not, they're going to love it, it's going to make them smile, and it will blow over in time anyway. Ugh the thought still pisses me off for you but yeah, focus on your lovely day, your strong symptoms being a positive sign, and your happiness because you deserve it! :hugs:

It still pisses me off too just because I don't understand why it matters so much... Life happens and it's amazing that we're having another baby after the miscarriage earlier this year. What should count is that the baby is safe and sound. UGH! Judgmental people.. I tell ya... I don't tolerate it well! haha

You're only 1 day behind me!! Come join our May baby chat!!! :)

When I was losing my baby in January, I prayed to a God I didn't even believe in. He ignored me and took my baby and made her an angel.

It doesn't matter. We didn't get married to evolve.

Chin up mummy, you're amazing xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->