Bad Dreams - Help?

Webbykinskt

Reaction score
Before I begin, if you've lost a LO this may not be a good post to read. I'm sorry if I offend anyone but I really don't intend to.

I had this weird dream this morning. I was at the doctors with my sister. They called me in for a blood test, then told me to sit down again. There was this big screen on the wall with everyone's name on (like a computerized one they can put words on) and one by one everyone had 'Pregnant' or 'Not Pregnant' next to it. Mine came up 'Pregnant' and I started jumping up and down, I was so excited and I was just crying with happiness.

Then it cut straight to being at my mum's house and she told me (for some unknown reason) to go check I wasn't bleeding. I went and checked, and it was just pouring straight out so my mum took me back to the doctors and they said it wasn't meant to be and to just go home. :cry:

At this point... DF woke me up and said I was sobbing in my sleep (for obvious reasons) so I calmed down and went back to sleep.

Anyone had any weird or vivid dreams like this before? Normally my dreams don't have much substance to them. I guess I'm just freaked out by it all.

awww hun, how upsetting :( dreams are funny things and the meaning is rarely to do with what the dream is about - the interpretations are quite unrelated often!

I am sure it doesn't mean anything serious, but how horrible to have such a nightmare :hugs:

I had a dream like this the other day :( but in it I hadn't got a BFP yet, I was waiting to test, yet for some reason new for certain I was PG, and at school, and went to the loo and there was a tiny amount of pink blood so I wiped again and again and each time I wiped the blood got more til it was a flood and I had to go back to my class and couldn't tell anyone what had happened... It was horrible :hugs:

I have bad dreams, not about babies thankfully. I've discovered it's normally when I'm overheating! Might be worth checking if this is the case next time you have a bad dream.

That is unpleasant... have babies been on your mind more than usual recently. I had lots of strange and horrible dreams like this once i was pregnant, i had a prev m/c and i would dream about it happening again over and over or some other horrible thing happening. Hope it does not happen again for you.

I never had a single bad dream between being 10 and 20. Not a single one. So when, this last year or so, they came back, I didn't recognize them as nightmares at first. I remembered them being terrifying. Like one where me and my mum and my gran were being chased by a giant dinosaur and couldn't escape - this was when I was 7 - that was terrifying.

Then, last year or the year before I started having dreams that were heart-breaking. Not scary, but utterly soul destroying. I never had an MC dream, but I had one where I had a baby that died. One where my DH died, one where I fell in love with someone else and then realized I'd made a huge mistake... and so on.

So, yeah, I have nightmares. It's a bit of a cliche, but eating before bed causes them, and stress. And I find that if I'm in a bad mood I have to get DH to come cuddle me for a while (our sleep cycles are about 3h out of sync, so I'm not often awake when he comes to bed) and have a soft toy (I would not admit that in any company but this company!).

I had a dinosaur nightmare when I was young too! It was just after I watched Jurassic Park for the first time :rofl: a dinosaur tried to break into my room so it could eat me, was actually terrifying!

Sorry I've gone way off topic here :laugh2: I haven't had a dream like that personally but I bet it's horrible :hugs: Really hope it doesn't happen again xxx

Aw thats horrible, but like others of said dreams dont really have meaning. It may just be thought playing on your mind, maybe some underlying fears, or might relate to something you've read on here about MC. Dont worry about it hun :hugs:

I never had a single bad dream between being 10 and 20. Not a single one. So when, this last year or so, they came back, I didn't recognize them as nightmares at first. I remembered them being terrifying. Like one where me and my mum and my gran were being chased by a giant dinosaur and couldn't escape - this was when I was 7 - that was terrifying.

Then, last year or the year before I started having dreams that were heart-breaking. Not scary, but utterly soul destroying. I never had an MC dream, but I had one where I had a baby that died. One where my DH died, one where I fell in love with someone else and then realized I'd made a huge mistake... and so on.

So, yeah, I have nightmares. It's a bit of a cliche, but eating before bed causes them, and stress. And I find that if I'm in a bad mood I have to get DH to come cuddle me for a while (our sleep cycles are about 3h out of sync, so I'm not often awake when he comes to bed) and have a soft toy (I would not admit that in any company but this company!).

I have a teddy that i cuddle when im realy upset, i dont care who knows it. If people over 14 say they dont own any cuddely toys 95% of them are lieing!

I have a teddy that i cuddle when im realy upset, i dont care who knows it. If people over 14 say they dont own any cuddely toys 95% of them are lieing!

Hahaha, true.

On this note, I actually had a double bad dream last night. Although I find I get over them a lot quicker now, apart from the lingering headache.

Don't worry hun I have had many dreams like this, its just your brain making up things and not switching off properly, or so my doctor says (I used to dream vividly of killing myself, I'm not sure why as I like living! lol but it was scary!)

Last one was I dreamt that my nan passed away and I was very very sad in my sleep and just kept thinking "who will look after Whiskey her cat?" I was sobbing in my sleep and when I woke I was still sobbing. Some emotions just take over and it all seems that much worse and more vivid since in dreams you can't ever seem to detatch yourself as knowing its a dream and it just takes over!

Ok that was a little rambly but hope it makes sense! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->