Bad Gas Pain at 32 Weeks

Wtbam

Reaction score
Hi All :flower:

I was wondering if I could have some help.

The last few days I have had the most AWFUL gas pains, mostly in the evenings. I am assuming they are gas pains because they feel like gas pains I had before I was pregnant, they get better when I manage to pass gas/go to the toilet, and hurt more when I put pressure on my anus (sorry TMI but the doctor pre-pregnancy told me that would indicate trapped wind!).

I suffered with IBS before pregnancy and regular gas pain but haven't had any really in pregnancy up until now. I have tried wind tablets and gaviscon, but this hasn't helped. My diet hasn't changed at all.

The baby does feel as though she has dropped a little, could this be what is causing this? Is there anything anyone can suggest other than the things I have tried....

1) Squatting on the floor
2) Doing a "dying swan" yoga pose..... stretched out with face on floor :haha:
3) Peppermint Tea/tablets
4) Senekot (Herbal laxatives) or Windeze (wind tablets)
5) Drinking hot water

The only thing that helps a little seems to be paracetamol, but I don't want to get into the habit of taking that too regularly. Is there anything I should avoid in my diet to help this?

It literally is SO painful, as if I can't even breathe!

With DD, I had awful wind and lived on Deflatine. Another good position is: on all fours and wiggle your bum side to side. Then kneel up. Repeat. You'll feel the air pockets move and shift.

I also reduced dairy and wheat and any tea, coffee etc after 4pm.

Yes I have had this & horrible constipation on/off the entire pregnancy. My constipation is what's been causing it more than anything. There was a period of time it was SO bad, I nearly ended up at the hospital.
I'm not sure you can do very much about it other than avoiding food & drinks that can cause gas. I'm constantly suffering with constipation & just trying to manage some how.

One day mine was so bad I came in, grabbed paracetamol and ran a deep bath. I think OH was genuinely worried I was in labour!

I also do the all fours thing and also increase ginger in diet as anti inflammatory and seems to help

from someone who used to be constantly constipated and windy and now she's not anymore ( :) :) :) relief!)... increase veggies that are rich in fiber and avoid bread, white bread especially. gluten and yeast and all that can cause insane bloats.

for me the worst was the bread+cheese combo (but imagine how hard it is to avoid it if you live in switzerland :S)... that would be like... WWII. The cat-cow yoga pose helped too, it's very similar to what MrsVenn said.

ah. and also gassed beverages of any sorts, as they, ehm, introduce extra gas in the intestine directly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->