Bad luck...

Hevalouaddict

Mama to 4 beautiful babas
Reaction score
I was discussing my wedding flowers yesterday and told my MIL I wanted calla lilies in my bouquet and she looked at me like I was something from outer space. Apparent they're bad luck at a wedding? I want them as they were my grandmas favourite flower and I'd like to incorporate my grandma as much as possible. Anyone know the story behind calla lilies?

I was discussing my wedding flowers yesterday and told my MIL I wanted calla lilies in my bouquet and she looked at me like I was something from outer space. Apparent they're bad luck at a wedding? I want them as they were my grandmas favourite flower and I'd like to incorporate my grandma as much as possible. Anyone know the story behind calla lilies?

I think they are actually flowers bought when someone dies that's probably why she looked at u funny lol xx

I was gonna have my bridesmaid have calla lillies ooops x

Hmm I think it might be a cultural difference, in the US where I am, calla lilies are a VERY popular wedding flower. The more trendier ones are flame calla lilies and varieties like that with more color. I've seen them in weddings and I was definitely gonna do the flame calla for mine except we ended up not doing flower centerpieces at al.

And I've actually never seen calla lilies at funerals here....

I had white calla lilies at my wedding :)
Beautiful, combined them with two other flowers.

In some parts its considered as a bad omen so I think you should avoid it if she doesn't approve of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->