Bad mom moments

Mom.to.Many

Reaction score
So I am having one of those days where I just feel like a bad mom. I don't get out of the house much with my DD because I am pregnant, achey, broke, and have no car during the day (hubby takes it to work). I try to let her see her g'ma as much as possible, but have noticed she now prefers spending time at my mom's house because no one yells at her, she gets spoiled rotten, and gets to eat and do whatever she wants. Yesterday I yelled at her for no reason because she was trying to play with me and I didn't feel like it. She is 4 yrs old. Has anyone else out there been through this with their kids? I made a vow last night in bed that starting today I was gonna try harder, but I can't seem to forgive myself for being such a b***h to my little girl. I know a lot of this is hormones as well as the stress from a very complicated pregnancy. I'm sure I'm a bit depressed as well. I would love to hear some of the low moments of mommyhood you guys have expereinced... or am I the only one?

My son is slightly older than your daughter, he's 7. I didnt take him anywhere during the summer holidays as I felt unwell due to pregnancy. When he went back to school he told me that the teacher asked all the children one by one to tell the class what they had done during the holidays and he told them that he had been to the beach. When I pointed out that we hadnt, he said he knew but because we hadnt been anywhere he made something up that he had wanted to do. I felt soooo horrible and mean that I hadnt took him anywhere!

I've also found myself snapping when I wouldnt usually, like if hes being really noisy playing with his toys etc... It does make me feel terrible, but I'm hoping its just hormones and that once I've had the baby they will settle down as things werent like this before. xxx

My son is slightly older than your daughter, he's 7. I didnt take him anywhere during the summer holidays as I felt unwell due to pregnancy. When he went back to school he told me that the teacher asked all the children one by one to tell the class what they had done during the holidays and he told them that he had been to the beach. When I pointed out that we hadnt, he said he knew but because we hadnt been anywhere he made something up that he had wanted to do. I felt soooo horrible and mean that I hadnt took him anywhere!

I've also found myself snapping when I wouldnt usually, like if hes being really noisy playing with his toys etc... It does make me feel terrible, but I'm hoping its just hormones and that once I've had the baby they will settle down as things werent like this before. xxx

That makes me feel better. I was so much better at this parenting crap before I had children. LMAO

Hi Hun, I too have a 4 year old, and had a bad mommy moment last night, infect, I've been up since 4.15 this morning crying about it!

I too am pregnant and I'm shattered, were having so much trouble getting DD to go to sleep in her own bed, this is always left to me while oh sits down stairs, and last night it all got a bit much and I had a complete breakdown! I begged her to sleep in her own bed, I wasn't shouting but I upset her and she wet hersel! When I had calmed down, she said "mummy, I will sleep at grandmas house so you won't be upset anymore"

I can't believe what I've done, how can I undo this? My DD thinks she upsets me!!!!! I'm absolutely heartbroken, I idolise her which is why we have this problem in the first place, I've always let her lead us rather than the other way around.

I'm sorry, please don't judge me for being a bad mummy x

I get like this and I'm not pregnant do have PND though :( and a 2yr old n 3 yr old, bad moment is I out them down for a "nap" in there rooms in afternoon so I can have some calm time :( ds will sleep dd watches her tv :,(

[I'm sorry, please don't judge me for being a bad mummy x[/QUOTE]

I totally dont judge you!!! Its nice knowing there are other women out there who have their moments or make mistakes. I keep feeling this pressure like I have to be superwoman, and I get so disappointed in myself when I figure out I'm not.

[I'm sorry, please don't judge me for being a bad mummy x

I totally dont judge you!!! Its nice knowing there are other women out there who have their moments or make mistakes. I keep feeling this pressure like I have to be superwoman, and I get so disappointed in myself when I figure out I'm not.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how u feel... I feel like I'm constantly being judged as a parent, by teachers, health visitors, mother n law... The list goes on! It is nice knowing it's ok not to be perfect, you know? I just want DD to be happy, and I think she's become a bit spoilt in the process! X

Do u know what annoys me... Mummys that do a hell alot of messy play and have a play room and Just really mummified.. I really can't do messy play my OCD comes out an I hate seeing toys all in the living room :(

We definitely all have those days. I have a 4 year old who started school in september and a 2 year old. The other day i snapped at him because he read the word 'in' on one page and on the next page told me he didn't know what it was at all - that wasn't all there was to it, he was being totally obnoxious about reading his book as well.
I felt so bad afterwards that i'd done that, especially when i know he is doing so well at school generally :(

Ahhh ladies we are all human! Being a mummy is the most rewarding thing but also the most trying. We shouldn't kid ourselves that we should adore every second of it! As much as we adore our kids!

:hugs:

My son is wayyyy younger than you alls....
but I feel bad about this.
Yesterday we were in public and he does this thing where he grabs my hair and pulls really hard and laughs at me.
I had had enough yesterday and I grabbed both of his arms and said "let go of my HAIR!"
He immediately put his sad face on and when he let go I praised him and he was fine.

But we do have those moments occasionally where I have to "discipline" him and I feel so bad because he is just a baby...almost like I am wrong in doing it. And when I say discipline I mean just raising my voice like I did yesterday. :(

I try my best to keep LO occupied, but there are times when I feel awful and I just let him crawl around by himself while i relax.

Bad mommy!!!

OK I need to rant...

This whole pregnancy has left me really tired and really sick. Before I got pregnant, I would bake with my daughter, read to her, watch movies with her, take her to the park, etc. We had our moments, she is not an angel 24/7 and I certainly send her to a timeout if she gets out of line, but for the most part she is well behaved.

Since I have been pregnant I yell and scream from the couch, I have gotten so mad that I have cursed while yelling (not at her, but nonetheless I would say bad words around her), I won't/can't go anywhere without my mom or hubby around so me and DD usually spend days on end in a tiny house and I will admit I have allowed her enitre DAYS worth of television and computer play just to occupy her so I don't have to get up and deal with her. She wakes up super early. So the days that I have no energy to crawl out of bed I will get a movie started for her in the living room and then fall back asleep on the couch (or worse, crawl back into bed) until her movie is over and she must wake me back up.

She is only 4 and I am expecting her to parent herself. I am totally aware that my actions are wrong. I should not expect so much from her, I should allow her to be a kid, I should be stronger than this. But my husband is killiing himself trying to work and save for our family, he takes extra shifts and side work on the weekends just to try and catch us up every payday, and my mother (the only person in my state to help) is so busy with her own life she only comes over to take me to my weekly appointments or to pick my daughter up to spend the night. No one wants to talk to me anymore about the way I feel or how scared I am about going from one kid to three kids overnight. My body is unrecognizable and it hurts, and no matter how hard I try I just don't see how we are gonna do this.:nope:

When DD wakes up from her naps she begs me to hold her. When I tell her I can't she gets so concerned and asks if she will hurt the babies by having me pick her up. Her only concern around the clock is if the babies are ok, or if I am ok, and when she acts her age for just a moment I lose my patience with her. Why was I given so many beautiful children when I can't handle them, or act like a selfish bitch most of the time? My hubby says I should relax, that I am a great mom and once this is all over we can go back to our normal lives. I just can't even begin to forgive myself for not being strong enough to be a good mom.

Thanks for letting me vent. Sorry it was so long...:cry:

op...i was exactly the same when preggers with kelana. :hugs:

this morning i was getting my jacket out the cupboard and went to shut the door but it wouldnt shut, i then realised i had trapped my 4 year old daughter fingers in the door :cry: poor thing was screaming in pain and she now has a nice big bruise/cut on her finger, i felt so bad and cried with her, :nope: i feel sooooo bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->