Bad SPD... any tips on how to deal?

lilmisscaviar

2 girls, 3 boys
Reaction score
I've already tried the support belts and even chiropractic treatments to no avail. My doctor tells me to rest as much as possible but I have four other children to tend to, including a messy toddler who I'm always having to clean up after, and I have no family support at all. Daycare is not an option because I'm a SAHM and only my DH has an income right now. The SPD is pretty bad. My right hip constantly feels like it's out of place or something and my pelvis cracks if I move too sharply, not to mention the lower back pain makes it difficult to bend. All in all, I'm not enjoying this last pregnancy and I don't know what else to try. Does anyone have any tips?

No tips, but I sympathise I’m in the same boat, I’ve got a 6, 4, and 2 year old at home, I’m 33 weeks pregnant, and come 5pm I can’t walk.. literally can’t walk with the pain. Nothing helps, 😫

I'm sorry you're having such a tough time :hugs:

I have bad PGP which started at 20 weeks, but the osteopath helped with my back. The front, however, and the hips at night.....absolute agony. I can't imagine how you're coping with 4 kids to look after.

Have you considered physiotherapy? I went to a drop-in clinic at the local hospital several weeks back. They taught us some exercises that were meant to help, but she did say that if they don't make a difference, we should get back in touch and book appointments for physio. This leaflet from one of the UK hospitals describes some of the exercises: https://www.liverpoolwomens.nhs.uk/media/1345/pelvic_girdle_pain_leaflet.pdf

You might already know this, but if you're carrying your other kids, don't lift them on one hip. You need to try as much as possible to keep your weight balanced on both legs.

The other tips were to keep your legs together as much as possible (when getting into/out of cars, getting out of bed, etc). Make sure you're seated when getting dressed or putting on shoes. Sleep with pillows between your legs, and they have to support your legs all the way down to the ankle.

I don't know what else to say. At times, I've wished desperately that we had family nearby, so I could ask my mum to come and help out.
Is there someone that you can ask for help?

No tips but just wanted to let you know you're not alone, my back and hips are in agony and I'm struggling already with running round after my crazy 3 year old, running a house and working.
Hot baths help a bit and my OH is really good and takes over a lot as soon as he gets home from work, he doesn't get in till 7pm but it does help:flower:

You’re not alone! I have no tips either I’m afraid.
I have SPD, PGP and spinal pain. I can barely walk from when I get up to when I go to bed. I’m still working as a health care assistant too - I rely on codiene, hot baths at the end of the shift and gritting my teeth!
I’m begging for an induction at 37 weeks (I was induced with DD1 because of the SPD at 38, but this is 10x worse) :(

Im sympathises too was on bed rest with ds3 at 12 weeks he grew super big over night had to have dh care for me was on tramadol and codien till gave birth had physio 3 time a week leading up to his birth but dd1 im suffering with at the second im coping with codien but speak to your gp maybe can help with pain killers xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->