Bad stomach cramps - Should I call OB?

Cupcake2016

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm 16 weeks today and since yesterday, I've been having such bad stomach cramps. They're not uterine cramps, they're the type you get when you have the stomach bug and they come and go, but are super sharp and all over the abdomen.

I thought it was something I ate, but my husband and I ate pretty much the same items and he's fine (I guess my immune system is weaker, due to pregnancy, so that could still be it). I've also had a tension headache for a few days now.

I'm not sure if this warrants a call to my doctor. TMI but I've been a bit constipated, so I'm wondering if it's from that, so I'd feel a little silly calling about gas pain 😊

Should I call? Has anyone had similar pain?

I'd give them a call just to put your mind at rest. It's what they are there for! I'd rather have them roll their eyes than something get missed x

I would call just to give yourself a piece of mind

Thanks, you two! I think you're right, better to just put my mind at ease, even if they think I'm the paranoid mom-to-be :)

let us know what they say, hope all is okay xx

So I went ahead and called :)

The nurse thought it sounded like bad gas pains, and she recommended taking colace and seeing if that helps. She said if it gets worse, or I start throwing up etc., then I should call back. I can't believe that a little constipation can lead to such painful cramping, but I guess pregnancy brings a whole host of interesting symptoms.

Thanks for all your help!

That's good! I bet you're glad you called as you can put your mind to rest now! Enjoy your trumps later ;) pregnancy is super weird :)

I never eperienced painful trapped wind until I was pregnant, it was awful! And it was just gas...hope you feel better soon!

I'm definitely relieved, but I'll be even more relieved once it's over :)

Thanks you guys, you're all so wonderful and helpful <3

rule of thumb is if your thinking should i call the doc? the answer is usually yes!

They would rather answer questions and check you out as soon as anything arrises that you believe could be trouble brewing, that way if anything is wrong they can get you in early and fix it!

hope your feeling better x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->