Bah Humbug!

sjbno1

Sarah - mummy & TTC#2
Reaction score
So my BG V3 nappies have leaked again - this time on the leg :wacko: I've changed the rise to the medium setting but did only use one insert (left the booster out)

Soooooo any ideas why this is now leaking on the leg :wacko: i'm wondering if BG's are just not for us :cry: I refuse to give up as I love my CD :thumbup:

Also how often do you change your nappies? wondering if they should be changed every 3 hours until bedtime (she sleeps 12hours)

i'm lucky if i get 2hrs out of a BGv3 i easily get 3+hours out of the BG organics though.
thankfully i only have two of them and although they fit nice Q is a heavy wetter.

you can use different inserts in the nappy though, microfibre really doesn't do it for us if i'm honest.

We didnt get on with BGs at all, we seem to be in the minority!
I change whenever hes wet, sometimes thats five minutes after I put the nappy on but generally 2-4 hours. I dont get pee leaks on any of my nappies using them for 3/4 hours.

I defo think I need better inserts! I think i need to invest in some bamboo inserts?

I really thought I had solved the leaking issues :dohh:

Honestly, if she's 8 months old and you're only using one insert, I think you'd be lucky to get more than two hours. Leyla is not a heavy wetter at all during the day and there's no way I could get away with just the one. Also remember that cloth nappies generally do need changing more often than disposables. Every three hours sounds like a good frequency to me, unless you find something that is super absorbant for you. If I was getting three hours (leak free) from a BG V3 with both inserts, I would be happy with that I think.

I use both inserts on mine and change every 2 hours ish. They are prob my least absorbant nappies x

3hrs is actually really good in a cloth diaper. BG made great nighttime diapers for us with both inserts though, 12hrs no leaks. During the day we just used one insert and the longest he would go is 2-2.5hrs during a nap. We usually changed cloth every 1-2hrs

Ok I will start doing both inserts again?! :D

Can anyone recomment a more absorbant nappy?

if you have organic flips you can always use those inserts in the v3.

i really love the bg organics and organic flips they really do absorb alot! the only down side is the pre-washing :dohh: Oh! and the lack of funky prints! :flower:

I dont have any inserts other than what came with them! waiting to get paid :dohh: so I can buy some! was thinking of getting some bamboo ones in the hope they would solve my problems lol - are the organic ones bamboo?

no they're organic cotton - it is tightly woven and really absorbent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->