Banana Cake

It depends what kind you want to make. Whether you want a banana layered sponge cake, a fresh banana slice, a dry banana and macedamia sponge, a banana ice cream cake etc xD

I'd like a banana bread/loaf/sponge type recipe :)

Banana Sponge Cake

Servings: 20cm round cake
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes

The sponge cake can be stored up to 1 month by freezing the cake in a freezer bag. To thaw the cake, place the cake at room temperature for approximately 1-2 hours.

Ingredients:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup & 1 tablespoon corn oil
2 over-ripe medium (2/3 cup) bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla essence (you can really use any you like, I've used pepperment and lemon before)
3 eggs
2/3 cups castor sugar (brown sugar, raw sugar and white sugar can all be used, it just takes on a different flavor/texture)

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. Using an electric mixer, whisk eggs and sugar until mixture is thick and pale.
3. Fold in sieved flour, soda bicarbonate and baking powder gently but thoroughly to get a batter consistency without any lumps.
4. Add in oil, vanilla, bananas, and mix well.
5. Pour mixture into a greased and floured pan and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool before removing from pan.

Banana Bread

Preparation Time
15 minutes

Cooking Time
50 minutes

Makes
1 loaf

Ingredients (serves 10)
Melted low-fat dairy spread, to grease
265g (1 3/4 cups) self-raising flour
40g (1/4 cup) plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
140g (2/3 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
125ml (1/2 cup) skim milk (you can use full fat)
2 eggs, lightly whisked
50g butter, melted, cooled (margerine is ok)
2 overripe medium bananas, mashed

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C. Brush an 11 x 21cm (base measurement) loaf pan with melted dairy spread to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 opposite sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing it to overhang.
Sift the combined flours and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake in preheated oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan for 5 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into slices to serve.

Notes
This banana bread will keep in an airtight container out of direct sunlight for up to 3 days. Alternatively, place in an airtight container, then label, date and freeze for up to 1 month. Place in the fridge overnight to thaw.

Thank you for sharing. My son and my husband is going to love me sooo much!

I really like this recipe, and it's dead easy to make :thumbup:

https://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/6725/banana---raisin-loaf.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"