Bananas have 200calories......wow!!

i dont think its that shocking really pretty much every food has calories in it, there are lots of good stuff in fruit that keep you full give you energy vitamins etc, all that will add up the calories, plus fruit has alot of sugar in but its natural and better for your body than processed stuff, bananas are quite heavy so obviously they are higher in calories than say berries or grapes which have a high water content, im doing weight watchers pro points and bananas are free points on the plan but i still only have 1 or 2 a day, yeah you can get chocolate bars that are 100cals but they arnt going to fill you up, your just gunna want more cus its not as satisfying, compared to most foods fruits are very low cal LOL.

I agree :)

Also remember that not all fruits (in fact most) are lower calories than bananas (they are one of the highest calorie fruits out there from what I've read). Fruits with a higher water content tend to have lower calories.

I was shocked, when I start to heat a year ago! I eat a banana a day, but I agree with other people very, very good, it's the same Joe calories than one calorie. I think this is quite shocking fruit contains calories each food has identified them, but a banana 150-200cals surprised me and many others, you just do not want it is for its many fruit.

Bananas are lovely for fibre and for carbs. They make a great pre-workout snack to keep you fueled and feeling full for longer in the work of the day. I agree if your counting and watching the calories like on weight watchers I am doing the same thing picking other fruit than a banana.

I use myfitnesspal and was shocked to find this, but I find a banana really does fill me up and stops me snaking on rubbish so it's worth it. Much better for you too:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->